Drooling Mad Dunfermline v Morton, Sat 29th April

After the madness of Saturday, it didn't really matter much as we were still 5th. Even this game doesn't matter much as whatever happens here we can finish 5th by winning our final game at Queens.

If we have a makeshift defence and Sinclair-Hutton in goals it's as good as a two goal start for Morton as a rusty defender is guaranteed to gift Morton something and Sinclair-Hutton isn't too hot at dealing with traditional goalkeeper stuff like shots, crosses etc.

However, we did look pretty useful attacking Falkirk in the first half on Saturday. On the break we are a handful. We don't f**k about - heads down, bomb forward, zipping passes in to feet. We're not too bad from set pieces too (let down by shoddy finishing).

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully now the pressure is off us to get a play off place we will see the players return to form. Dunfermline are the only team to beat us twice in the league this season so expect another difficult game.

Can see a 1-1 draw here.

I'd take Barrowman back if it meant getting rid of Shankland and Oyenuga, tbh.

We're definitely not finishing second now so I'm torn between persisting with our strongest team in the vain hope that they can recapture some momentum before the playoffs, or just putting a second string out in the hope that a rest is what the likes of Oliver and Forbes need to recover their form.

Barrowman is undoubtedly the sexier of the two players but Forbes was probably one of the 10 most talented players to ever play for our club. It was a disgraceful bit of business and clearly orchestrated to attract more female fans to EEP. 

11 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

I'd take Barrowman back if it meant getting rid of Shankland and Oyenuga, tbh.

We're definitely not finishing second now so I'm torn between persisting with our strongest team in the vain hope that they can recapture some momentum before the playoffs, or just putting a second string out in the hope that a rest is what the likes of Oliver and Forbes need to recover their form.

Having staggered into the playoffs, I think we're closed for business until they start  I can only see a Pars win unfortunately. Shandon Par says we might have a two goal start... they'll need to come from Dunfermline own goals then. I would be surprised if our players didn't rise to the occasion of the playoffs though. (They've been great for the best part of this season and I've got every confidence in them when that time comes) Saturdays a write off for me however and I've already got a home win on my line :(

5 minutes ago, cornbeef said:

Having staggered into the playoffs, I think we're closed for business until they start  I can only see a Pars win unfortunately. Shandon Par says we might have a two goal start... they'll need to come from Dunfermline own goals then. I would be surprised if our players didn't rise to the occasion of the playoffs though. (They've been great for the best part of this season and I've got every confidence in them when that time comes) Saturdays a write off for me however and I've already got a home win on my line :(

Never underestimate the potential for calamity with Hutton in goals.

5 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

He pretends to be a goalkeeper. His dive for Falkirks second looks like someone playing at being a goalie rather than being one.

He did have one decent moment on Saturday where he had a good block. I don't like to slag our players but he just spreads panic at the back, whereas big Murdoch oozes calm.

Missing this game due to a Lanzarote stag weekend. Pretty happy there's nothing to play for tbh.

Be interesting if AJ gives some of the fringe players an opportunity to play for a contract - but chances are he won't and has made up his mind already. Not much point in Reilly playing since he won't be here next year - same goes for Hutton (hopefully!). If Murdoch and Morris don't recover, stick Gill in goals and give Fordyce probably his final outing.

I reckon if neither Cardle or Paton start either of the last two games, they'll both be away as well.

Isn't Cardle on a 2 year deal?

Wouldn't mind Hopkirk starting again. Bit of a frustrating day for him on Saturday but I think he's also on a 2 year deal so might as well play him if he's fit for once. Starting Gil is maybe a bit too radical for AJ.

It just dawned on me that I don't think I uttered "fuckssake McCabe" once on Saturday. Looks a perfectly decent midfielder.

Archived