Drooling Mad Dunfermline v Morton, Sat 29th April

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Said at the time it must have taken a deflection as it moved all over the place and dipped wildly. 

It's been as flat as you'd expect with not much to play for other than minor placings and money for us and confidence and fitness for Morton. They looked decent enough in the second part of the first half but they look like a team who haven't won in a while.

The referee had had a decent enough game too. Not so much the linesman who missed the obvious corner in the first half.

7 minutes ago, JamieStevenson said:

There was crazy dip on that goal so wouldn't be surprised if it was a deflection. Morton fans enjoyed themselves though with their flares, their bouncy and Billy boys patter.

There were no "flares", there was no "Billy Boys" and I wasn't even at the game.

I knew Morton weren't going to take today seriously but they went to a whole other level when they brought on that U12 player.

We should report that to the SFA tbh. Flagrant rule breaking. As the moral guardians of the Scottish game it is our duty to do so.

1 hour ago, JamieStevenson said:

Screamer by McCabe! Game over.

Was a shot that took a massive deflection off the centre half :unsure2:

I didn't expect us to get any kind of positive result. Happy enough with the performance. Unlucky with the 3rd goal, Gaston doing himself no favours for one if not the other goal, and an unbelievable goal line clearance from Talbot? bang on half time which would've put us 2-1 up. This was a dead rubber game, a glorified friendly, don't understand why people are getting so upset about the result. It'll most likely be the same next week.

Enjoyed the game today even though there wasn't much to play for.

Hats off to the Morton fans that were standing on the right hand side and singing and doing the conga. Looked like they had a great time and I seen at least 4 of them fall right over seats at separate points:lol:

It was quality viewing

Was a shot that took a massive deflection off the centre half :unsure2:
I didn't expect us to get any kind of positive result. Happy enough with the performance. Unlucky with the 3rd goal, Gaston doing himself no favours for one if not the other goal, and an unbelievable goal line clearance from Talbot? bang on half time which would've put us 2-1 up. This was a dead rubber game, a glorified friendly, don't understand why people are getting so upset about the result. It'll most likely be the same next week.

Think it was Fordyce who cleared it off the line. Looked like an unbelievable bit of defending from the other end of the pitch, hopefully it's on the highlights.

Pretty standard end of season affair tbh, nothing more to say about it than that really.

Archived