Drooling Mad Dunfermline v Morton, Sat 29th April

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

If your anywhere near an outlet grab yourself a steak and haggis pie, they're cracking.

Seconded. My mum thinks I sometimes like to pop over to Fife to visit her. In reality it's just to get a buttered roll and a steak and haggis pie from Stephens.

Had one this morning. Breakfast of champions. Or at least 5th placed finishes. Nice and peppery. 

Heading along to this only since I have a season ticket and the summer break is long enough with no international tournament to keep me entertained. Hopefully it'll still be competitive and not just a glorified bounce game. Dont know who'll play for either side but it would be good to see Paton play (maybe drop Higginbotham if he's a booking away from missing the first game or two next season) and I'd keep Hopkirk in the team too. I think Fordyce will play and if he does well enough he could win a new contract on the back of it. He was looking decent enough before Morris came in. Morris, Ashcroft and Fordyce would be decent for next season - 2 starting and one as cover - if we can get Morris signed up.

42 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Had one this morning. Breakfast of champions. Or at least 5th placed finishes. Nice and peppery. 

Heading along to this only since I have a season ticket and the summer break is long enough with no international tournament to keep me entertained. Hopefully it'll still be competitive and not just a glorified bounce game. Dont know who'll play for either side but it would be good to see Paton play (maybe drop Higginbotham if he's a booking away from missing the first game or two next season) and I'd keep Hopkirk in the team too. I think Fordyce will play and if he does well enough he could win a new contract on the back of it. He was looking decent enough before Morris came in. Morris, Ashcroft and Fordyce would be decent for next season - 2 starting and one as cover - if we can get Morris signed up.

Is he signed up for next season? Seems to have been a pretty decent signing for Dunfermline.

Not sure [mention=37246]Scosha[/mention] - it may have been a year with a year's option but I'm not the best person to ask. He's chipped in with a a few goals and assists, and when he's on form he's a proper handful. When he's not on it it's like having a team of 10 though. 

He's only on a year but think he's settled, only obstacle would be if a bigger team in easy commute showed an interest. The stuff about team of 10 is nonsense. If he's having a bad game you know about it because he's never a passenger.

I see Talbot has already dropped the challenging for the title bombshell for next season in his match preview. Says majority of them now just playing for contract. 

Tough to call who I'd like to keep in our squad for next season. Perhaps; Murdoch, Ashcroft, Morris, Wedderburn, McCabe, McMullan (very unlikely), Higgy, Clark, Moffat and maybe Geggan + Cardle as they're only a couple of seasons away from being club legends. 

It's taken a little longer than had hoped for Geggan to adjust back into a fullback position but I think he's been looking decent in recent games now that he's grown into it.

As for the game itself, our players will be looking to impress. We've been looking solid at the back as of late so I'm hoping the changes we make won't harm us too much. Sadly you can never be confident with Hutton-Sinclair in goals you just have to hope for the best. I always come across a hypocrite for my ridiculous backtracking of "I'd take a point", followed by the classic WE'VE HAD TOO MANY DRAWS! patter. :lol:

On 4/24/2017 at 15:19, Gaz FFC said:

I will bankroll Morton next season if 1 of your players takes a dive in the box on Saturday.

Quitongo dived from outside the box to get penalty in the 1st game at EEP, thankfully Morton had the good grace to miss the penalty

Higgy is one of these player that can be having a bad game, but can turn on five minutes of brilliance and change the game in Pars favour. 

I think he is our most exciting player, and as said above he never hides even on bad days. 

I'll be totally delighted if we can hold onto him, he can be a game changer at the drop of a hat. 

You can pick faults with Higgy - last week for example it was him rather than Falkirk players that finished more of our attacks with awful shots or wayward passes. He can be a total handful though and plays right on the edge of being too aggressive but refs seem to give him the benefit of the doubt - passionate rather than dirty (insert Kenneth Williams pic here). I've no doubt AJ will want to keep him. Paton will probably go, hopefully he won't try to sign Reilly. Moff's future will probably depend on who else is available.

Higgy seems to play at a different tempo from others but he does drive the team and his workrate is probably twice that of others. McMullan also shows much better all round performance than cardle. Their performance at hibs this season was some of the best wing play since mcintyre days.

Archived