West Region 3rd & 6th May

andy25

Wearing my fixture nerd hat again.

Glenafton haven't been given a midweek fixture next week. It would have seemed sensible to play their 2nd Round AWP Cup game at Girvan on Wednesday 3rd May as all the other R2 ties are being completed on the 3rd & 6th - has it been overlooked?

Similarly I can see no reason why Carluke v Rossvale in the CLC R2 couldn't be added to the fixtures being played on Wednesday 3rd.

He's probably going to add some league fixtures that midweek. In addition to the AWP cup, Girvan have got 5 league games still to be scheduled (if I've not mis-calculated), so they surely shouldn't sit idle until the Saturday. Carluke v Rossvale can probably wait for a Saturday (except for holding up the rest of the competition) since Carluke have all their league fixtures now scheduled and Rossvale only have 1 that's TBA (again, if I've not mis-calculated).

Glenafton haven't been given a midweek fixture next week. It would have seemed sensible to play their 2nd Round AWP Cup game at Girvan on Wednesday 3rd May as all the other R2 ties are being completed on the 3rd & 6th - has it been overlooked?
Similarly I can see no reason why Carluke v Rossvale in the CLC R2 couldn't be added to the fixtures being played on Wednesday 3rd.

You in for the job!

And Irvine Vics were listed as home on the Saturday in the league, v Cumbernauld United, so that one disappeared to make way for the moved AWP cup tie v Cumnock.

Going in the opposite direction is Shettleston v Rutherglen in the CLC R2. That was firstly listed for the Saturday and has now shifted to the Wednesday.

Lugar v Annbank in the Ayrshire Division has appeared on the Saturday - that one wasn't there when the list was first posted.

1 hour ago, LeedsPhil said:

Going in the opposite direction is Shettleston v Rutherglen in the CLC R2. That was firstly listed for the Saturday and has now shifted to the Wednesday.

Shettleston had requested a free Saturday on 6th May prior to the fixtures being issued, hence the game being brought forward from Saturday 6th to Wednesday 3rd.

1 hour ago, glensmad said:

Shettleston had requested a free Saturday on 6th May prior to the fixtures being issued, hence the game being brought forward from Saturday 6th to Wednesday 3rd.

Aye, that's the whole point - prior to. Reiterating stevie2502's post - Does he no double check things before putting them on the website??

10 hours ago, LeedsPhil said:

And Irvine Vics were listed as home on the Saturday in the league, v Cumbernauld United, so that one disappeared to make way for the moved AWP cup tie v Cumnock.

Lugar v Annbank in the Ayrshire Division has appeared on the Saturday - that one wasn't there when the list was first posted.

We were left with no game on the 6th May despite both Kello and Lugar being free(two games left to play after Saturday) so we requested a match and then they put it on

On 4/24/2017 at 15:58, archieb said:

Girvan v Glenafton in the AWP Cup R2 has been added to the fixtures for 3rd May, also Rob Roy v St Roch's in the CLC R2

Still no sign of Carluke v Rossvale though!

I have it on good authority that Maybole or Whitletts v Kilwinning in the AWP Cup Quarter Finals will be on Wednesday 10th May

4 minutes ago, rednblack said:

When can we expect Cumnock V Rob Roy in west quarters. This has to be a Saturday.

That and the other outstanding QF in your half of the draw have been held back a ridiculous length of time.

As you say, these, and the SF between the winners SHOULD be played on Saturdays, but we're running out of them!

The other finalist (Pollok or Kilsyth) should be decided on Saturday 6th May, but if the other QFs are on Saturday 13th, and Darvel/Talbot v Cumnock/Rabs on Saturday 20th, when will the Final be? Saturday 27th is the big Scottish Cup Final and the following weekend is the Junior cup final!

Advance fixture scheduling rather than Mr Grumpy's back-of-a-fag-packet method, anybody?

Archived