Hamilton 0 v 0 Kilmarnock

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

It was the 0-0 back in November that Jones ran Gillespie ragged in. He didn't have any end product, though, as any time Gillespie was within 5 yards of him (albeit not often), he'd fall on his arse trying to buy a free-kick.

More than a year on and grown men are still hitting out with this patter :lol:

No he certainly ran the right back ragged the first half of the 2-1 game but kept weakly shooting from distance instead of carrying on and putting a ball in. Thinking back though he might have got a wallop at some point and then faded out that game (i.e. shat it) 

2 minutes ago, Cille Mhernaig said:

No he certainly ran the right back ragged the first half of the 2-1 game but kept weakly shooting from distance instead of carrying on and putting a ball in. Thinking back though he might have got a wallop at some point and then faded out that game (i.e. shat it) 

He had a stormer that day and had the fans singing his name, (to the tune of GOLD :blink:). Set up Boyd's goal with a peach of a cross.

1 minute ago, killienick said:

He had a stormer that day and had the fans singing his name, (to the tune of GOLD :blink:). Set up Boyd's goal with a peach of a cross.

You are right, my memory for some matches is utterly atrocious. I do remember Jones being excellent in the first half, but his shooting being tame and couple of times when he shot he seemed to have space to drive on.

I only really remember Boyd's header (though for some reason I thought the cross came from Coulibaly), and of course Coulibaly's goal from the 2nd half.

The worst of it is was I drove that day so can't blame drink for my shocking memory.  

17 minutes ago, Cille Mhernaig said:

You are right, my memory for some matches is utterly atrocious. I do remember Jones being excellent in the first half, but his shooting being tame and couple of times when he shot he seemed to have space to drive on.

I only really remember Boyd's header (though for some reason I thought the cross came from Coulibaly), and of course Coulibaly's goal from the 2nd half.

The worst of it is was I drove that day so can't blame drink for my shocking memory.  

Some games I can remember almost every detail and others I have to check to see if I was there. Occasionally the drink is to blame, but mainly it's my age.

Taking my 7 year old to his favourite away day, (because it's the only place he's seen us win at), so I'll probably remember this one as I'm driving. I hope I remember it for good reasons. :thumsup2

It was shite. Coulibaly's goal and Richard Roy's miss in his only league appearance is all I can remember from it. As I've said: our games are always pish.

2 hours ago, accies1874 said:

It was shite. Coulibaly's goal and Richard Roy's miss in his only league appearance is all I can remember from it. As I've said: our games are always pish.

What about Ali Crawford's powderpuff effort from about 8 yards? - straight at Jamie Mac with the goal gaping. It was a great ball across and he gently side footed it back.

Boyd missed a bit of a sitter in the first half too. Crap game but memorable for lots of equally crap reasons.

3 hours ago, accies1874 said:

Oh christ aye, I think everyone knew as soon as he missed that, we'd never see him again.

7 hours ago, accies1874 said:

It was the 0-0 back in November that Jones ran Gillespie ragged in. He didn't have any end product, though, as any time Gillespie was within 5 yards of him (albeit not often), he'd fall on his arse trying to buy a free-kick.

I said at the time that Jones embarrassed himself that day with his diving.

Bad news for your lot this time is he has grown up and appears to be a much better player now.......as long as he doesn't shoot.

On 24/04/2017 at 20:17, blastie_12 said:

Hamilton -1 Killie 0
Not sure if that means 3 points for killie or not

I'm pretty sure, under current rules, that would mean 3 points for Hamilton Academical.

This has draw written all over it.  1 - 1 I reckon.  I'd prefer a tasty 7 - 0 win, obvs.

We really need a result from this game, confidence will be high after the Dundee game and we really need to keep that momentum going. A few big losses to the team but hopefully we can shuffle things accordingly. Think D'Acol will grab a goal but don't see us not conceding so I'll go for 1-1.

Don't think I'm gonna make it to this. Pretty sure the last time I missed a game at NDP was the last time we lost there. Gutted. I'd take a point as long as we follow it up with a win next weekend. 

I'm quite excited for this now - not really sure why.

Every year in the Premiership there's an unexpectedly exciting, end-to-end, high scoring game of quality football, that's an advert for our league and our talent and this year it could maybe, just maybe, be this game.

Of course there are also expectedly turgid, mind numbing, goalless borefests which provide comedy gold for football bloopers clip programmes.

I'd say it's 50/50 as to which one to expect.

Archived