Hamilton 0 v 0 Kilmarnock

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

7 years since we last beat Killie at home. Our games are always pish too. Can't wait.
Canning will correctly keep the same formation, but MacKinnon dropping out is a huge loss. That midfield trio we played against Dundee worked perfectly. Having Gillespie in for MacKinnon would make moderate sense, and I think that Crawford could play Bingham's role; it allows him to play inside, close to the striker, while avoiding him being overrun in midfield. He's also far more creative. We'd miss Bingham's pace though. However, Skondras is suspended, so Gills will be required to play at right-back and Crawford in midfield.

7 years since we last beat Killie at home. Our games are always pish too. Can't wait.
Canning will correctly keep the same formation, but MacKinnon dropping out is a huge loss. That midfield trio we played against Dundee worked perfectly. Having Gillespie in for MacKinnon would make moderate sense, and I think that Crawford could play Bingham's role; it allows him to play inside, close to the striker, while avoiding him being overrun in midfield. He's also far more creative. We'd miss Bingham's pace though. However, Skondras is suspended, so Gills will be required to play at right-back and Crawford in midfield.

So 0-0 then.

Surely we're due a win against this mob. Our home form has been really good this year, but as has been said, Mackinnon and Skondras out isn't ideal. But Killie dont have Coulibaly, who ran the show at NDP earlier in the season. 

Hopefully a win, to take a good step forward towards safety.

Have to say, I was unaware of the seethe our existence causes some Killie fans, this comment was a particular stand out...

"Accies are a horrible shower of cheating c**ts.  Have been for years and I hate them with a passion and hope they go down.  Honestly they behave like a 1980's Italian side with all their card waving, diving and gesticulating."

I must be the odd one out in this thread because I'm really looking forward to this game.  My first Accies game since last Augusts encounter with Ross County (as long as Etihad do their job right on Friday night), and I think Accies will scoosh the post-split fixtures   No relegation worries here at all.

0-0.

Accies tweeted a few days ago that this match will come too early for Gillespie. So probably Adams at right back, Donati holding midfielder and the rest predictable. Would take a draw, with hopefully the same at Fir Park.  

19 hours ago, Laid-back Accie said:

But Killie dont have Coulibaly, who ran the show at NDP earlier in the season. 

Still got Jordan Jones who if memory serves me right ripped your full backs a new one that day. Just as long as he doesn't try and shoot he should cause you a few problems. 

Think there will be a very decent Killie crowd there again.

I usually get the bus to NDP but I'm driving this time - does anyone know where is best to park? I was just going to head for that big car park where the busses go but can't remember if cars are allowed.

On the game, I'm confident that we'll not lose and I'm equally confident that we'll not win.

Missing the game as I'm working. Was quite up for this as an away day too. I do think we'll take a good, vocal crowd up with us and I hope that the team can do the business - although it's probably going to be a shanner of a 0-0.

Still got Jordan Jones who if memory serves me right ripped your full backs a new one that day. Just as long as he doesn't try and shoot he should cause you a few problems. 

It was the 0-0 back in November that Jones ran Gillespie ragged in. He didn't have any end product, though, as any time Gillespie was within 5 yards of him (albeit not often), he'd fall on his arse trying to buy a free-kick.

Let's hope we all get there and back safely. Don't want anyone getting a doing off Brogan and her pied pipers.

More than a year on and grown men are still hitting out with this patter :lol:

Archived