East Fife vs Airdrieonians

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only Fitzpatrick and McGregor missing, not expecting anything wildly different from Airdrie.   Only player who may force a spot could possibly be Brown over Leitch but any pros or cons would be marginal.

Only thing Airdrie could hope for would be competence, workrate and lack of awful mistakes.

1 hour ago, DestroyedByMadness said:

Only Fitzpatrick and McGregor missing, not expecting anything wildly different from Airdrie.   Only player who may force a spot could possibly be Brown over Leitch but any pros or cons would be marginal.

Only thing Airdrie could hope for would be competence, workrate and lack of awful mistakes.

lol

Not even - all we can hope for, as we have for months, is that Ryan and co. at the other end can outweigh the inevitable awful mistakes happening behind them.

I'm surprised by the lack of confidence from the Airdrie fans. We have been on a terrible run and our injury problems to a very small squad have come back to haunt us.

I just hope we can put in a cup final performance in our biggest game of the season, and you never know, we might even get officials who actually know what they are doing.

In terms of excitement this season has been really special. No much to seperate most teams in the division apart from Livingston who funnily enough have struggled against us. Score draw for me. 2.2

and you never know, we might even get officials who actually know what they are doing.

Steady!!!

That will be the season over then. I think the majority of us would have settled for 5th/6th at the start of the season. Disappointing it has ended so poorly but the injuries have stacked up and cost us big time.

Would you believe it? I don't. Can we possibly mess it up now? My maths isn't very good and I'm open to correction but I think that the only way we don't qualify for playoffs next week is a combination of EF winning and QP beating us by 4 goals. 

Well, that was fucking appalling, worst performance I've seen from an East Fife team in a long time, gutless, hopeless and clueless is how I would sum it up!!!

It's a pity our season has petered out in this fashion but the idea of going with such a small squad has been to blame and hopefully has bit us on the arse for the final time, I know that technically there's still a game to go and we're still in it, but I think both Brechin and Airdrie should win next week so it's just possibilities!!!

It pains me to say it, as how shit do you have to be to make Airdrie look like 1970 Brazil, but they were well worth their win today, so well done Airdrie and good luck in the playoffs!!!

Looking at the last day connotations, as it stands, we are even on points (46) and GD (-6) with Brechin in joint 3rd, East Fife are 5th on 43 with -2 GD. Finally QP are also on 43pts but here's the thing!

We get a better result than Brechin we finish above them and we're in the play off, even if we both lose as long as we lose by less.

We get 1 point and we finish above EF in a playoff place.

But!

We lose, Brechin get a better result than us and EF win then we're 5th unless QP beat us by 4 then we could be 6th. Brechin and EF have 9th place Stenny and 8th place Stranraer respectively.

Championship looks just as close, Ayr are straight down (GD is too big) and Raith have them next week, if Raith win and neither Dumbarton or St Mirren take a point, Raith will finish above them, problem for them is they have Falkirk and Hibs respectively, tasty!

Would you believe it? I don't. Can we possibly mess it up now? My maths isn't very good and I'm open to correction but I think that the only way we don't qualify for playoffs next week is a combination of EF winning and QP beating us by 4 goals. 

Nope, see above!

Archived