East Fife vs Airdrieonians

What a huge game this is for both sides. A win here for either side, plus one of Queens Park and Brechin dropping points, solidifies their position for the playoffs. All teams on 46 points is insane but it keeps the season interesting till the final kick! As far as we're concerned, to be safe in the league was the priority for the season. Anything better is a bonus, but when you're in with a shout at this stage you have to hope.

Not sure how we'll line up, Duggan being suspended is pretty gutting as he gives us an outlet up front. The Insall stuff at least explains why he hasn't been in the squad the past few weeks, but does that mean Austin will go up front? I'd imagine Smith will come into the starting 11 for the suspended Duggan, but the gaffer keeps banging on about how he really shouldn't be involved so I've no idea what injury he's struggling with. We've so many injuries that I honestly can't keep up with who's out and for how long. Losing Page and Robinson is pretty massive for us, any idea how long these two are out for? 

Should be a cracking game regardless, hopefully a decent crowd as well.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems you lot are convinced of a loss but we've not been at our best the past few weeks and without quite a lot of players I think this will be a tight game, especially when the players know how important it is.

If making the top 4 means another season with the current management team in place - I'm not interested.

I've wrestled with it for weeks now and never like to see my team lose, but we're not consistent enough to mount any sort of serious promotion challenge, so the top 4 would simply prolong an agonising season.

The performance was so abject on Saturday that I'd say that, even if the players are aware of how big these games are, they don't seem to care enough or aren't capable enough to make them count.

For what it's worth, I think it'll be another close game, but East Fife will edge it by the odd goal.

2 hours ago, thediamonddude said:

If making the top 4 means another season with the current management team in place - I'm not interested.

I've wrestled with it for weeks now and never like to see my team lose, but we're not consistent enough to mount any sort of serious promotion challenge, so the top 4 would simply prolong an agonising season.

The performance was so abject on Saturday that I'd say that, even if the players are aware of how big these games are, they don't seem to care enough or aren't capable enough to make them count.

For what it's worth, I think it'll be another close game, but East Fife will edge it by the odd goal.

Just watched the "lowlights" and the game was close tho' Alloa were playing with in themselves but I agree that we don't look as if it matters to many of the players. MW comes our again with "hugely disappointing" and you cant prepare for such an incident in training( Yet again). Ian Russell does at least spread  the errors etc around the team but it has always been that defensive mixture which concedes these "comical" goals. He did say the end chase of all the teams on 46 is "exciting not boring": I would have settled for boring any day but am not too sure what excitement I have been given in so many dire games( 16 defeats ) East Fife do look to be under pressure from injuries/suspensions but we will not take that into account. I have no idea what will happen but would like to face QP being ahead of them. I also don't count out Brechin getting full points.

1 hour ago, Chapelhall chap said:

MW comes our again with "hugely disappointing" and you cant prepare for such an incident in training( Yet again).  

He's been spouting the same shite for months. It's "comical" how predictable he has become.

I honestly wonder if he's like that in the hoose. "Enjoy yer dinner Mark?" - "Bit disapointin' to be honest. Tatties were a bit burnt but that's the kinda error that I cannae stop!"

And yet another conceded goal which is downright "comical".

I think Wilson is poor but what else can he say at an interview? He can't swear and he couldn't possibly say we were good. "Disappointing " is about the only non rude word he can use. He must dread the interviews but hopefully his ordeal will soon be over. If he gets retained next year maybe he can swot up some new words.

2 hours ago, waysider said:

I think Wilson is poor but what else can he say at an interview? He can't swear and he couldn't possibly say we were good. "Disappointing " is about the only non rude word he can use. He must dread the interviews but hopefully his ordeal will soon be over. If he gets retained next year maybe he can swot up some new words.

It is what he does at training etc which worries me but a few wee different phrases might ease my pain.

This is a bummer, I cant make the last game of the season. Even though I have 2 Adult and 1 Child Season tickets that I have already paid for...... Along with the other 6 games I paid for but could not attend this season, ah well thats the last cheap seat given up for Sat.

On a serious note though and away from the nonsense club politics. IMO if EF win on Sat we are in the Play Offs for sure. This one wont be easy because I think Airdrie will think the same. Hope the lads are right up for this and if anyone can come back and they are 60% on the bench that would be great. Wishing Barry, the team and the volunteers all the best for Sat. Telling the directors to take a long hard look at themselves and really question why they are driving people away from the team they love.... stop blaming Murray and legacy nonsense and look after your fans.

Archived