Arbroath vs Elgin City

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My thoughts on this game is it is a "must win" and lets see what happens in the last game.

Want to finish the season with 2 wins and if we lose the title on 1 point then so be it.

We have to treat the next 2 games as "Cup Finals" and go for it.

Our home form over the season has been poor but in the Elgin/Clyde/Berwick home games we have proved when in the mood we can win at home.

BUT we need the Gayfield faithful to show a bit of patience if things are not going our way and DO NOT get on the players backs but support them and encourage the team onto an important victory and take a massive support through to Stirling the following week.

Would hate for us to not to get a result on Saturday making the Stirling game basically a friendly and do not buy into this drivel that a point on Saturday is a "good" result, lets get the title into our own hands come 10 to 5 because i really do think Cowden will take something off of Farfir as i think they will beat Annan in their final home game.

C'MON THE RED LICHTIES YOU CAN DO IT.

31 minutes ago, AFC360PUNK1320 said:

My thoughts on this game is it is a "must win" and lets see what happens in the last game.

Want to finish the season with 2 wins and if we lose the title on 1 point then so be it.

We have to treat the next 2 games as "Cup Finals" and go for it.

Our home form over the season has been poor but in the Elgin/Clyde/Berwick home games we have proved when in the mood we can win at home.

BUT we need the Gayfield faithful to show a bit of patience if things are not going our way and DO NOT get on the players backs but support them and encourage the team onto an important victory and take a massive support through to Stirling the following week.

Would hate for us to not to get a result on Saturday making the Stirling game basically a friendly and do not buy into this drivel that a point on Saturday is a "good" result, lets get the title into our own hands come 10 to 5 because i really do think Cowden will take something off of Farfir as i think they will beat Annan in their final home game.

Agree with everything you say and i think Simon was just on the wind up with the ''happy with a point'' post...well i hope he was...weren't you Simon:)

Let's just win these 2 games and see where it takes us. Hope the Coo can find their goalscoring touch and do us a favour on Sat but we have had 2 chances lately to go top and f÷×=÷× up both times. If the fermers slip up again we MUST take advantage. The support from the terraces on Sat might just tip the balance and has been said already let's get behind the team.

5 hours ago, tbsouth said:

Quiet on here......as i said earlier you 'know' Elgin are due a win......be a good workout for the play-offs i suppose?

Same as your lads page i reckon everybody is a bit nervous, i just hope my team the Red Lichties go out all guns blazing and if we get beaten 3-2 then so be it, i would rather that than be cagey and get beat 1-0, i reckon all the pressure is on your team as it is your league championship to lose.

I would add Elgin City are the best away team i have seen at Gayfield this season but if we turn up we will win.

C'MON THE RED LICHTIES 36-0.

Same as your lads page i reckon everybody is a bit nervous, i just hope my team the Red Lichties go out all guns blazing and if we get beaten 3-2 then so be it, i would rather that than be cagey and get beat 1-0, i reckon all the pressure is on your team as it is your league championship to lose.
I would add Elgin City are the best away team i have seen at Gayfield this season but if we turn up we will win.

Elgin also best team I've seen at station park this season

11 hours ago, AFC360PUNK1320 said:

Agree the best team we have faced.......they HAVE to win sometime. :-)

On 26/04/2017 at 18:46, AFC360PUNK1320 said:

Absolutely. With you 100% and I hope that the shouty, sweary idiots have got their positive heads on today.

Archived