Arbroath vs Elgin City

Need to finish our home campaign on a high with a win against playoff chasing Elgin. Never easy against them but we showed good battling qualities yesterday to grind out a result in the end. I expect us to be unchanged with Smyth continuing as a holding midfielder.

Forget about Forfar and just concentrate on ourselves

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Zero changes for me, Elgin simply have to win so this could play right into our hands

last two homes games against Edinburgh and Montrose both have really sat in and we've ran out of ideas. A win simply keeps it interesting and takes it to the last day

Really? No changes?

Scott was a wasted shirt once again. Time and again he tried fancy flicks and passes only for the ball to go out of play or to a Cowden player.

The boy has the tactical brain of a 30 year old washing machine. At one point he was left of the centre circle. The ball came to him and he flicked to the left wing. Problem is no one was there for us as 4 seconds before we had just been defending and we were counter attacking. The ball just trundled on out for a Cowden throw.

But if he had held the ball up for 2 seconds and looked, he would have seen he had Doris and Linn to support the counter attack.

3 games in a row he has been pure shite.

2 hours ago, RedLichtie86 said:

Really? No changes?

Scott was a wasted shirt once again. Time and again he tried fancy flicks and passes only for the ball to go out of play or to a Cowden player.

The boy has the tactical brain of a 30 year old washing machine. At one point he was left of the centre circle. The ball came to him and he flicked to the left wing. Problem is no one was there for us as 4 seconds before we had just been defending and we were counter attacking. The ball just trundled on out for a Cowden throw.

But if he had held the ball up for 2 seconds and looked, he would have seen he had Doris and Linn to support the counter attack.

3 games in a row he has been pure shite.

Totally agree with this post in its entirety,especially the last sentence.

16 hours ago, SimonLichtie said:

Would be happy with a point here.

Are you serious Simon?

Were you blitzed when you wrote this?

Lets get the win as i think Cowden will take something from Farfir and that way we go into the last game with the Championship in our own hands.

We have to go into this as a must win game. A draw would only be any good if Forfar got beat and then we would still need to match them next week. Would certainly keep smyth in the team. I think he will play Jimmy and keep it unchanged. Sometimes a bit of continuity helps and we can always change it at half time if he's off the pace.

I thought Scott was decent on Saturday and played well at Forfar also, agree he was rotten against Edinburgh but most were on the day. We love a scapegoat to single out abuse to, it was Kader earlier in the season then we moved to Sukar, now seems to be Jimmy

I thought Scott was decent on Saturday and played well at Forfar also, agree he was rotten against Edinburgh but most were on the day. We love a scapegoat to single out abuse to, it was Kader earlier in the season then we moved to Sukar, now seems to be Jimmy

He wasn't good at Forfar but do agree someone always needs to be moaned at by some folk for whatever reason, come on now it was only a vital 2-1 win away to Cowdenbeath afterall you can't be toooooo happy about it. ;)

Elgin willl win, i know it , Dick knows it , all the Arbroath support know it , question is will we? Massive money flying on Elgin for this, banker bet. (thank me on Saturday if you have made a fortune)

Archived