Falkirk v Queen of the South

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With Muirhead and Leahy at fullback you won't get much joy down the wings

Defending for that equaliser is atrocious. 4 defenders in the box and no one clears it. God knows what Leahy is doing.

How's that working out for you?

27 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Tbf Kidd was at fullback and he had a shocker.
Muirheads more solid but gives you zero attacking threat down the right.

Leahy isn't that good a fullback defensively either.

Aird was full back for the equaliser and his team had just been humiliated earlier on so his head was already gone as he stood and watched the cross.

Shocking defending for Queens' second. We've seen that mistake from Leahy a few times now, not that Aird's attempt to stop the cross was much better & not entirely sure who Grant thinks he is marking 

The first was a frustrating one to lose given how much we were on top at the time. 

I didn't think the first penalty appeal for Austin was a good shout at the time but seeing it back it's a very clumsy challenge from the Queens defender

I'd also say McHugh looks level at the end. Overall though I thought the ref and assistants were ok  

50 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Shocking defending for Queens' second. We've seen that mistake from Leahy a few times now, not that Aird's attempt to stop the cross was much better & not entirely sure who Grant thinks he is marking 

The first was a frustrating one to lose given how much we were on top at the time. 

I didn't think the first penalty appeal for Austin was a good shout at the time but seeing it back it's a very clumsy challenge from the Queens defender

I'd also say McHugh looks level at the end. Overall though I thought the ref and assistants were ok  

I think we're pretty lucky on the McHugh "goal". he looks onside to me. He's no worse than level with Jacobs, maybe not even that. Penalty probably is a penalty. it's clumsy from Lee, though Austin's looking for it. One right at the end of the first half is never over the line no matter how many "in line" Falkirk fans claimed it was, and Austin should be booked for coming in late on the keeper on it. Have to apologise for suggesting Austin was holding his head after his clash with Higgins though. His arms are up by his head after he falls but he's not actually holding it.

I think we're pretty lucky on the McHugh "goal". he looks onside to me. He's no worse than level with Jacobs, maybe not even that. Penalty probably is a penalty. it's clumsy from Lee, though Austin's looking for it. One right at the end of the first half is never over the line no matter how many "in line" Falkirk fans claimed it was, and Austin should be booked for coming in late on the keeper on it. Have to apologise for suggesting Austin was holding his head after his clash with Higgins though. His arms are up by his head after he falls but he's not actually holding it.

Agreed with all of that bar Austin being booked. Robinson didn't have control of the ball, he spilled it & it was for the taking. Hence why the ref didn't even speak to him let alone book him.

1 hour ago, RC55 FFC said:

Agreed with all of that bar Austin being booked. Robinson didn't have control of the ball, he spilled it & it was for the taking. Hence why the ref didn't even speak to him let alone book him.

He didnt spill it. He constantly had a hand on it and comfortably had two on it before Austin went in late. He didnt hurt him but he knew what he was doing and Crawford Allan did speak to him and clearly told him to calm down albeit took no further action.

How much of a wee scrote is Robinson though? Bounces up with a hand round the back of Austin's neck before he remembers he is 'injured'. You can hear what the south stand thought of it

Personally I'd say he deserved a good boot in the midriff for all his time wasting 

He didnt spill it. He constantly had a hand on it and comfortably had two on it before Austin went in late. He didnt hurt him but he knew what he was doing and Crawford Allan did speak to him and clearly told him to calm down albeit took no further action.

Having one hand on the ball at best does not constitute being in control of the ball. You can see from the highlights he spilled it. Have a watch.

1 hour ago, RC55 FFC said:

Having one hand on the ball at best does not constitute being in control of the ball. You can see from the highlights he spilled it. Have a watch.

He pretty clearly doesnt spill it until after Austin clatters into him.

Archived