Falkirk v Queen of the South

pretty mental game, the first half i was all thinking finally a proper starting line up although partly forced. muirhead where he should be and fash starting. and apart from the totall fuckwittery of playing the wrong way and queens having the audacity to score we were looking like the side i expect to see each week although we werent quite taking all our chances.

second half we kind of lost our way and the subs didnt work even though we played our normal two super subs in BSLM and Sir Bob. i may be wrong but thought the kidd aird thing was due to kidd getting a clatter but either way aird can gtf.

all said and done we were the better side but queens probably merited the draw..... and yeah i know that doesnt make sense.

still in second one to go. there is no way i can see us progressing through the play offs tbh

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, spratte said:

all said and done we were the better side but queens probably merited the draw..... and yeah i know that doesnt make sense.

It kind of does, and I pretty much agree. Falkirk were probably the better side over 90 mins but most of their best stuff was in the opening 20 mins during which time we actually took the lead! We did however look like we might score every time we got forward and the second half was much more even. I think we were about worth our draw.

I think our centre back pairing did not work. They left far too much room for Dobbie. Kidd had a poor game and hate to say this but we missed Aero at full back. Aird does not want to play for Falkirk and it is obvious. He put no effort into the game and was out of position most of the time. Perhaps his attitude was wrong because his big team got humped

2 minutes ago, Bigbri Bairn2 said:

I think our centre back pairing did not work. They left far too much room for Dobbie. Kidd had a poor game and hate to say this but we missed Aero at full back. Aird does not want to play for Falkirk and it is obvious. He put no effort into the game and was out of position most of the time. Perhaps his attitude was wrong because his big team got humped

What you've got to remember is Dobbies mind is yards ahead of anyone else in this league, that makes him room.

1 minute ago, Bigbri Bairn2 said:

i actually thought that grant and aero looked ok, well in the sennse that aero looked at home there.  kidd's first game in god knows how long and it showed. dobbie was a different class today, he always looked dangerous. fash just needs more game time in the first team he will run riot next season imo

2 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Austin annoys me. He is a cracking player. Skillful, awkward, good in the air, a real handful. But for a big guy he not only goes to ground very easily but he appears to look to do that first. Thats two penalties he has earned in two games against us and whilst both were clumsy challenges that pretty much deserved penalties, I dont think there was much contact involved in either. He got taken out first half shoulder to shoulder by Higgins. A clear, cynical foul and a booking all day long, no complant, but Austin then went rolling around on the ground holding his head until Higgins got booked then got up. 

Not sure what Robinson did to particularly annoy the Falkirk fans, and indeed some of ours, today. He wasted a wee bit of time, especially when we were winning, but not excessively so. He played well other than his involvement in the penalty too.

Austin and others do push the grey area of taking video footage to punish diving to the limit, he can be a little light on his feet at times, tho we have the likes of Shearer, Ian Wright and co, commenting that if you feel a touch, you should go down

We mustve been watching different games as Austin didnt roll about holding his head after the Higgins tackle, which was right in front of me. He was clearly taken out and was up pretty quickly, it was Higgins who remained on the ground long after Austin got up, to avoid a booking, which of course failed.

Robinson was time wasting after 20mins, Ive never known the protocol of a goal kick to be, check your boots, check your gloves, fix your hair and then kick the ball. The moving the ball all over the place at a free kick to waste time after initially getting a ball thrown at him that he refused to catch (cough goalie) and all of this after 20 mins.

He has history with these tricks and Im surprised refs arent on to him more, you expect these things to happen 20 mins to go, not 20 mins gone. If you think thats normal practice, then we obviously have different opinions on how we want our teams to play. 

13 minutes ago, Bigbri Bairn2 said:

I didnt think it was that bad, but do think Muirhead would be better suited to three at the back or in a four with a competent right back, tho I think Craigen does shoulder a bit of the blame for the right hand side, just a bit tho.

Aird looks now like another poor Houstie signing tbh, he looked like he couldnt tackle a fish supper at full back

6 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

More hoping for the £1100 in my bank account tbh. Finishing 5th next week or Dobbie being top scorer? Dobbie every time.

I'd check the  terms and conditions of the bet if Cummings and Dobbie finish with equal amount of goal scored before spending the £1100. If they finish equal there is no top goal scorer just a joint top goal scorer!!

Another inspired signing my Houston. There are better managers in this league and the league below who are getting far better results and performances out of their teams on a much lower budget and smaller squad. I think he has run his course. Time to go. His subs today were absolutely baffling and bizarre!

I'd check the  terms and conditions of the bet if Cummings and Dobbie finish with equal amount of goal scored before spending the £1100. If they finish equal there is no top goal scorer just a joint top goal scorer!!

I know. It's not my first ever bet m8 B)

4 hours ago, Bigbri Bairn2 said:

Don't know what you are paying Dobbie but he has saved your season. Money well spent

Correct. Maybe if you spent the proper rate on a decent striker instead of the whinging (from your manager about other teams in the same league)  you would benefit. Meanwhile, we'll see you again next season, because I fully expect whoever finishes 11th in the Premier League will have more than enough to beat whoever survives the initial round of the playoffs.

3 hours ago, MrDust said:

Austin and others do push the grey area of taking video footage to punish diving to the limit, he can be a little light on his feet at times, tho we have the likes of Shearer, Ian Wright and co, commenting that if you feel a touch, you should go down

We mustve been watching different games as Austin didnt roll about holding his head after the Higgins tackle, which was right in front of me. He was clearly taken out and was up pretty quickly, it was Higgins who remained on the ground long after Austin got up, to avoid a booking, which of course failed.

Robinson was time wasting after 20mins, Ive never known the protocol of a goal kick to be, check your boots, check your gloves, fix your hair and then kick the ball. The moving the ball all over the place at a free kick to waste time after initially getting a ball thrown at him that he refused to catch (cough goalie) and all of this after 20 mins.

He has history with these tricks and Im surprised refs arent on to him more, you expect these things to happen 20 mins to go, not 20 mins gone. If you think thats normal practice, then we obviously have different opinions on how we want our teams to play. 

I didnt think it was that bad, but do think Muirhead would be better suited to three at the back or in a four with a competent right back, tho I think Craigen does shoulder a bit of the blame for the right hand side, just a bit tho.

Aird looks now like another poor Houstie signing tbh, he looked like he couldnt tackle a fish supper at full back

Like Falkirk have never "used up time" in their matches in the past. Grow up son, every team in the country (and abroad!) uses up time. It's called game management.

Like Falkirk have never "used up time" in their matches in the past. Grow up son, every team in the country (and abroad!) uses up time. It's called game management.

That clown was at it 20 minutes into the game, it's called desperation.

Guest Back Post Misses
Correct. Maybe if you spent the proper rate on a decent striker instead of the whinging (from your manager about other teams in the same league)  you would benefit. Meanwhile, we'll see you again next season, because I fully expect whoever finishes 11th in the Premier League will have more than enough to beat whoever survives the initial round of the playoffs.

Last I looked we are second you are nowhere.

Guest Back Post Misses
I was in the south stand (east side) and it was over the line. Robbed.

Watch the highlights never a goal in a million years

We played some decent stuff at times although we could and should have been a couple of goals down at HT.

I could understand us starting with only one winger and playing three combative types alongside him but yet again Danny started and played most of the game wide left. As always he works really hard and tracks back diligently to help Marshall but as an attacking outlet he is not the same player on left.

Likewise when Thomas came on and moved to his natural side he had a great spell of "menace" making the goal and generally looking very natural and comfortable on the left.

I thought Dykes had a better game yday and overall not our worst display.

Guest Flash
10 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

This pretty much. Dobbie signed on the Thursday before the opening League match at Dundee United, which was after the League Cup group stages (how many goals would he have if he had played in those?).

However we didnt have a "full" squad at the time and were still lookong for a "couple of top quality signings". Dobbie turned out to be one and Carmichael (eventually) another. 

His signing however didnt fundamentally change the budget for the squad, amusing as VT's fishing trip is. :lol:

Don't think that is quite right. Pretty sure we were told on the day that Dobbie signed that the club was still looking for 2 more quality players. Carmichael signed some time later and, of course, was injured, so didn't play for several more weeks. So we effectively signed half a quality player instead of 2. Quarter of a player as it turned out, with him being wasted on the left.

1 minute ago, Flash said:

Don't think that is quite right. Pretty sure we were told on the day that Dobbie signed that the club was still looking for 2 more quality players. Carmichael signed some time later and, of course, was injured, so didn't play for several more weeks. So we effectively signed half a quality player instead of 2. Quarter of a player as it turned out, with him being wasted on the left.

I know what we were told. Nothing I said contradicted that. We were told before Dobbie signed that we were looking for a couple of players to complete the squad and afterward that we were still trying to get two more. One of those two was Carmichael who did eventually join but had needed more groin surgery first which delayed the move. The other player they were talking to eventually decided to go elsewhere. Dobbie was effectively an extra to the squad funds were found for when the opportunity arose. If it can be argued that he was directly responsible for beating Hibs and getting Rangers in the League Cup he more than paid for himself.

Archived