Falkirk v Queen of the South

18 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

I thought it was a soft penalty and was sitting in line with it in the main stand however I thought the one in the first half looked like it had crossed the line?

Did you change ends at half time? If not you were in no position to suggest the latter.

I never remotely thought it was over the line (amused by the notion that we shouldnt be allowed a yellow gk kit though considering Falkirk have one! :lol: ). I did think that for all Robinson exaggerated it, Austin was lucky not to be booked for going in on the keeper after he held it.

Austin annoys me. He is a cracking player. Skillful, awkward, good in the air, a real handful. But for a big guy he not only goes to ground very easily but he appears to look to do that first. Thats two penalties he has earned in two games against us and whilst both were clumsy challenges that pretty much deserved penalties, I dont think there was much contact involved in either. He got taken out first half shoulder to shoulder by Higgins. A clear, cynical foul and a booking all day long, no complant, but Austin then went rolling around on the ground holding his head until Higgins got booked then got up. 

Not sure what Robinson did to particularly annoy the Falkirk fans, and indeed some of ours, today. He wasted a wee bit of time, especially when we were winning, but not excessively so. He played well other than his involvement in the penalty too.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fair enough, you probably had a better view than me then. Still didnt think it was in. Hopefully the highlights clear it up.

I couldn't see the ball it was just his body position in the goal mouth looked completely unnatural and further back than you would normally see a goalkeeper hold a shot on the line

The main question raised by today's game was "why aren't Queens organising a pre-season tour to Budapest?"

Decent performance in the second half but Falkirk will probably feel they should have been out of sight at half time. Tapping and Thomas made the difference allowing us to have some chance of holding the ball. Mercer just doesn't look good enough and Jacobs had a much bigger impact in his place which helpfully allowed a player with a bit of composure to come into the middle.

Two goals for God but disappointed by Cummings matching him.

It seems like I'm in the minority in enjoying Robinson's antics!

How can you enjoy that?
Whilst that twat is arseing around the game has stopped!
And as for time wasting 20 minutes in, needs a skelp and told to behave!

How can you enjoy that?
Whilst that twat is arseing around the game has stopped!
And as for time wasting 20 minutes in, needs a skelp and told to behave!

It can be enjoyable because of the reaction it provokes from the opposition support.

He's a twat, but it's funny as f**k.

Rumoured to be 2k a week

Which most rival fans have laughed at us for as we "blew all our budget on one player"

Going by other rumours around the town our budget wasn't effected.

Yeah I don't believe it was as I'm sure Dobbie was one of the last signings or even the last?
Was a while ago so I'm probably wrong

I meant that he wasn't paid out of our budget. But that's only a rumour I heard and given Dumfries' love and spiral of rumours I'm certainly not saying it with any real conviction.

Just now, 19QOS19 said:

I meant that he wasn't paid out of our budget. But that's only a rumour I heard and given Dumfries' love and spiral of rumours I'm certainly not saying it with any real conviction.

At the end of the day I don't really care how we got him,I'm just glad he's here for another season

We've got dobbie:wub:

8 minutes ago, Dumfries Boy(new acc) said:

Yeah I don't believe it was as I'm sure Dobbie was one of the last signings or even the last?

Don't think you are!

10 minutes ago, Dumfries Boy(new acc) said:

I think only Carmichael signed after him. But you're point is still correct, the squad was in place before Dobbie signed.

Just now, Mr X said:

I think only Carmichael signed after him. But you're point is still correct, the squad was in place before Dobbie signed.

This pretty much. Dobbie signed on the Thursday before the opening League match at Dundee United, which was after the League Cup group stages (how many goals would he have if he had played in those?).

However we didnt have a "full" squad at the time and were still lookong for a "couple of top quality signings". Dobbie turned out to be one and Carmichael (eventually) another. 

His signing however didnt fundamentally change the budget for the squad, amusing as VT's fishing trip is. :lol:

Archived