Falkirk v Queen of the South

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Rizzo said:

There was a couple of old twats a few rows down from us in the South stand that gave every player of ours abuse throughout the game yet were really keen to defended Aird when others made their feelings on him known, Also overheard one of them having a go at someone sitting behind them for reporting on the Dunfermline Morton score, saying that their result didn't make any difference to us.:blink: Where the hell do we get these duffers from?

Every time Queens broke up the park I was sh**ing myself, just cannot see our defence standing up well in the playoffs. Sibbald would have been my MOTM today but our midfield really need to get stuck in more and stop allowing opposition players run at the defence. 

My kingdom for a Stephen Dobbie.

Sadly for you, Houston doesn't think he's worth the money.

How long will Houston continue to pick out of form players which completely nullifies the fact we have a bigger squad this season. Baird hasn't scored for months and Kerr is struggling badly. No McKee appearance when we badly need him to get match time for the playoffs. Another different starting pairing up front. It's a different two every bloomin week. I suppose we should be thankful he started Austin or we wouldve got no points. Starting to think that Houston's been told by the bod that in no uncertain terms are we to get promoted. Only way I can understand his ridiculous team selections.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

I've found myself defending the guy about other things during the season but his timewasting antics really are an absolute embarrassment at times. Though his persistence with it makes me wonder if he's been told to do it.

All defenders, mids and mostly goalkeepers are up to the time wasting, tho Robinson takes it to another level and after  20mins, the norm is in the last 20 mins or so.

I had a thought tho pre Muirhead's penalty that Robinson has saved one before and Higgins was there to get a sore face 

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Btw no excuses for him being out of position earlier. His apparent preffered position is RWB. He should know the basics of defending.

He seemed afraid to even attempt to tackle the whole period he was on, strange sub tho

We didnt deserve 3pts, that sums it up, we started brightly and lost a stupid stupid goal. The game went in the favour of Queens when Tapping came on, he spread the ball well and used it well. 

The subs were a head scratcher but we got what we deserved 

Good point. We were a bit Keystone Cops at the back early on but rode our luck to stay in it. Great opportunistic first. Excellent work from Naysmith, Carmichael and ultimately Dobbie but Lyndon deserves all the credit going for it. Great run and perfect pass.

We were bound to lose an equaliser eventually and did. Second one soft penalty? Our fans behind the goal will have seen it better but Austin, much like the rest of the game, was looking to go down before he was looking to get a shot off. He is effective and I wouldnt mind if he was ours but he does go down very easily. 

Really good equaliser though as Dobbie again made space where there shouldnt be any. He really us in a different class. We are lucky to have him. 26 goals for the season and he barely scored for three months in the middle!

Point means we can still get 5th with a win next week. Might be a decent match with both teams only playing for head to head position and both better going forward than defending.

Nice to see Callum Tapping on the pitch too and he showed up well.

Wouldn't be a surprise if he was told not to do it and did it anyway. He doesn't seem to be somebody who is keen to obey instructions.
Dobbie scoring and us finishing 5th were not mutually exclusive. It was possible to hope for both. But you were more interested in Dumbarton staying up than us finishing 5th. That is the point, not whether you won your bet or not.

You wanted Falkirk to win to help Dumbarton stay up.

Your first point wouldn't surprise me tbh Flash. Though for all I'm not a fan of Naysmith I didn't think he'd be one to have the piss ripped out of him. He maybe doesn't rate Atkinson I suppose.

I said that after I said "another Dobbie goal please..." Given my initial views on the game and my constant battering on about how I'll win money I thought it was obvious what I meant. Dumbarton staying up being a bonus. Obviously hasn't come across that way though.

FWIW, other than Cummings scoring a brace it's been a pretty good day for myself and 'us'. Having something to play for next weekend may tempt a few more along. If we had nothing to play for I can imagine many would have stayed away. A Dobbie hat-trick 3-0 next week would be glorious.

7 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

How long will Houston continue to pick out of form players which completely nullifies the fact we have a bigger squad this season. Baird hasn't scored for months and Kerr is struggling badly. No McKee appearance when we badly need him to get match time for the playoffs. Another different starting pairing up front. It's a different two every bloomin week. I suppose we should be thankful he started Austin or we wouldve got no points. Starting to think that Houston's been told by the bod that in no uncertain terms are we to get promoted. Only way I can understand his ridiculous team selections.

It looked to me like McKee was coming on just before Queen's equalised which was then swiftly changed to Miller.

Special mention to the usual troglodytes behind the home dug-out who made yet another match an utter misery with their endless cacophony of utter bile and associated verbal diarrhoea.

Think we need to buy Kidd one of those spinning devices for kids with ADHD. His concentration levels are pretty poor. Switched off completely for their 1st goal.

Muirhead getting a game at his preferred position by default sums up the enigma that is a Houston squad selection.

I'd bring in Gallagher & him or Leahy can play right back.

1 hour ago, Disco Duck said:

Just checked - we've lost 29% of games that Mark Kerr has played this season, and 14% of games without him: that's telling.

We have won 18 games all season, Kerr has played in 15 of those

1-0 scraping by Raith and two of our easiest home wins of the season v Dundee Utd and Dunfermline he missed, the usual Kerr scapegoat.

The same slagging he got today for not doing something with the ball that wasnt his and had two men round him, he didnt have a masterclass today but who did

Quick points:-

Robinson yes he does bug me but did pull off a few cracking saves

Thought it was a penalty for us in the first half (handball)

Def no penalty for falkirk , but ref was very poor throught out so didn't suprise me

Dobbie continues to delight and frustate

Carmichael was poor

Mercer was so bad I felt sorry for him, you could see he was relieved to go off.

Tapping did well when he came on

The main question raised by today's game was "why aren't Queens organising a pre-season tour to Budapest?"

Decent performance in the second half but Falkirk will probably feel they should have been out of sight at half time. Tapping and Thomas made the difference allowing us to have some chance of holding the ball. Mercer just doesn't look good enough and Jacobs had a much bigger impact in his place which helpfully allowed a player with a bit of composure to come into the middle.

Two goals for God but disappointed by Cummings matching him.

It seems like I'm in the minority in enjoying Robinson's antics!

Tapping is a player I really like but is he really worth the gamble again? The same goes for Hilson.

I thought Mercer was a pointless signing at the time and not surprised to hear he was hooked again. Not quite sure what Naysmith sees in him.

2 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

I thought it was a soft penalty and was sitting in line with it in the main stand however I thought the one in the first half looked like it had crossed the line?

I was in main stand too and it looked in. Should their goalkeeper have been wearing a strip the same colour as the ball ? That can't have made that decision an easy one to make.

Tapping is a player I really like but is he really worth the gamble again? The same goes for Hilson.

I thought Mercer was a pointless signing at the time and not surprised to hear he was hooked again. Not quite sure what Naysmith sees in him.

I'd be happy for us to give them deals until January with an appearance based trigger for extension.

8 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

I thought it was a soft penalty and was sitting in line with it in the main stand however I thought the one in the first half looked like it had crossed the line?

I watched the game on Falkirk TV (which was really good). They showed several replays of the one over the line and they didnt think it was over. They didnt show any replays of the penalty, though. Make of that what you will. As SD said, my first reaction was the Austin had gone down looking for one again. He did the same later on when he barged into the defender before falling over. However, Robinson was nowhere near the ball so if hes made any contact then its a penalty.

A decent point for us but another goal lost from a set piece. Mercer will get the finger pointed at him for not clearing the ball but Brownlie, again, should have done more. He simply stands a lets Austin run off him when the ball comes back in. For all the decent games he has hes simply been involved in too many goals this season, for me, to keep him next season.

Personally, I'd take a risk on Tapping. However, given that Rankin is clearly going to play every minute it might be a waste to see him, or Jacobs, sitting on the bench. 

I'd be happy for us to give them deals until January with an appearance based trigger for extension.

Would be happy with that actually. It's whether or not Tapping would be (or if we'd offer such a deal). You have to imagine Tapping needs to be realistic just now and a 6 month deal is a good offer considering his injury history. I'd love to see a fully fit Tapping for a full season. I think he'd be a really good player for us.

Archived