Falkirk v Queen of the South

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I need to leave this game at half four so we better not be doing our usual act of not trying to win until the last 20 minutes or I'll moan

Just made it to the train, left just as Muirhead scored the penalty.
Assuming we saw the game out without any issues?

Well that second half was shite. Pathetic performance from us with no urgency at all. A total contrast from the first half. Aside from the penalty (I'm not sure if it should've been either tbh) we done nothing else.

I've no problem with Houston taking off Kidd as he was fucking shite or even bringing on Aird but it's the fact he didn't change the shape or try anything different. We started with 4-4-2 and at no point in the game did we attempt to change it. Even bringing Miller on for Craigen just meant McHugh going out to midfield.

Our home form this season has been fucking shite.

Could be, but don't really see anybody else doing it. Certainly not in the first half of games.

Eta he can GTF as far as I'm concerned. Clown.

I'm absolutely not condoning his actions as it seriously pisses me off as well. But of all the positions on the park the GK is best placed to timewaste. Outfield players can do it by taking a while to throw a ball or leave the pitch after a substitution but a GK can take an age collecting the ball from behind the goal, placing the ball for the by kick, moving from one side to the other to take the kick or even waste time after an opposition shot by rushing out and shouting at his defence.

I really don't know if he's been told to do it or not but if he hasn't been told you have to wonder why Naysmith hasn't pulled him up on it especially when we're not even winning at the time.

Not hoping we finish 5th, ok.

More hoping for the £1100 in my bank account tbh. Finishing 5th next week or Dobbie being top scorer? Dobbie every time.

It's been literally even Stevens this season between the clubs then:-

GF 6

GA 6

W 1

D 2

L 1

Dobbie scoring 5 goals in the 4 games. Take those away and we have 1 point against Falkirk rather than 5. What a guy.

Kidd had a few bad touches early on and lost his confidence totally but Aird was even worse when they swapped. Sibbald was decent overall so was Austin. Kerr was rotten and Baird ran around alot. McHugh did nothing when he came on. No idea if our goal that was disallowed was offside? Kerr and Taiwo as a centre midfield partnership offer zero going forward. What game is Houston watching week in, week out!!

It was hard to believe we needed to win this match, no urgency or passion. We should have been up there from the off trying to get an early goal and put Queens under real pressure.

The crowd were very quiet today and who could blame them. We need to up our game and get some pace in that park. We played at times as if we were the mid table team with nothing to play for.

So we've now blown our advantage and now relying on others or DU fucking it up. Not to mention the extra cash loss for potentially finishing third. You couldn't really write that script today.

Maybe we have too many players hence the chopping and changing.

One word... Disappointing

There was a couple of old twats a few rows down from us in the South stand that gave every player of ours abuse throughout the game yet were really keen to defended Aird when others made their feelings on him known, Also overheard one of them having a go at someone sitting behind them for reporting on the Dunfermline Morton score, saying that their result didn't make any difference to us.:blink: Where the hell do we get these duffers from?

Every time Queens broke up the park I was sh**ing myself, just cannot see our defence standing up well in the playoffs. Sibbald would have been my MOTM today but our midfield really need to get stuck in more and stop allowing opposition players run at the defence. 

My kingdom for a Stephen Dobbie.

Positives from today were that Austin yet again was a handful scoring and earning a penalty and Muirhead looking imposing at centre half and took his penalty with aplomb again.

Quite a few negatives. Appreciate Houston had to pick kidd today due to gaspo injury however if anyone tells me again that kidd is better than Muirhead at right back (Not even his favoured position) I'm getting them committed. He was asleep for the three in that led to their first goal and kept giving the ball away. I think if Houston could have he would have booked him first half. He even put aird in there instead. I don't want him anywhere near our play first 11.

Second negative is Baird not him himself but Houston continuing to pick him to start when he's gone 11, yes 11 games without a goal. What happened to him not dropping players but them dropping themselves. What dies he have to do to get dropped?

Kerr and taiwo again fairly solid but not together please Houston especially at home in a game we need to win.

Thought queens shooting the wrong way first half ruined it for me moved up the north end of the main stand second half and it was terrible.

Pedantic final point but can we please get more bigger quicker ball boys for the play offs ? Heaven help us if we need a goal late in a game and we need the ball back on play quickly.

How did Robinson escape 90 mins without a booking. I'd hate to watch him every week. Total attention seeker

Guest Flash
8 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I'm absolutely not condoning his actions as it seriously pisses me off as well. But of all the positions on the park the GK is best placed to timewaste. Outfield players can do it by taking a while to throw a ball or leave the pitch after a substitution but a GK can take an age collecting the ball from behind the goal, placing the ball for the by kick, moving from one side to the other to take the kick or even waste time after an opposition shot by rushing out and shouting at his defence.

I really don't know if he's been told to do it or not but if he hasn't been told you have to wonder why Naysmith hasn't pulled him up on it especially when we're not even winning at the time.

More hoping for the £1100 in my bank account tbh. Finishing 5th next week or Dobbie being top scorer? Dobbie every time.

Wouldn't be a surprise if he was told not to do it and did it anyway. He doesn't seem to be somebody who is keen to obey instructions.

Dobbie scoring and us finishing 5th were not mutually exclusive. It was possible to hope for both. But you were more interested in Dumbarton staying up than us finishing 5th. That is the point, not whether you won your bet or not.

12 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

You wanted Falkirk to win to help Dumbarton stay up.

Hugely frustrating.  Other than the lapse of concentration for the goal, we were by miles the better team in the first half and should have been out of sight.  Sibbald, Leahy and Austin all had a great first 45.

second half was just a joke.  Kidd and Craigen weren't playing well but that abortion of a finishing lineup wasn't the solution.

AND WHY IS MARK FUCKING KERR STILL GETTING A GAME - ARGHHHH.

And now Utd are winning.  Bang goes second place.

Really painful viewing, especially in the second half!

Austin and Sibbald were the only standouts but they are entirely hamstrung by covering for the utter dross alongside them. Baird for all his work effort doesn't have that end product from last season meaning it all falls to Austin.

Kerr. Idk if it's maybe a scapegoat mentality for me to cope with how bad our midfield is but the whole game totally passed him by; I just don't understand why he starts.

However Dobbie was a class above anyone else today, direct and always in the right place at the right time

2 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

^ ^ ^
On collecting duties.

Which was a) after you posted, and b) never a toys out the pram in a million years. Carry on. 

Archived