Falkirk v Queen of the South

Options everywhere which is good going into the playoffs compared to last season. Consistency was the only hand we had to play with our bare bones squad last year which to our merit seen us through to the final but also played a part in our downfall. We could really use some consistency for the last games this term, but Houston hasn't agreed with himself on what this entails with the different options we have at our disposal this time. Get that right and then we have the squad to see us do well I think.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Taking my American cousin to this as he's over visiting. First time in Scotland, I'm sure it will be a bit of culture shock compared to the Orlando City games and the 'MLS Ultras'!!

Take him to Grahamston for a dance with the QOS ultras.

1 hour ago, Believe The Hype said:

Taking my American cousin to this as he's over visiting. First time in Scotland, I'm sure it will be a bit of culture shock compared to the Orlando City games and the 'MLS Ultras'!!

Theres nae tits with drums for a start thank feck,

See we are approaching 4000 home tickets being sold this afternoon to date. Do we think this will be a bumper crowd or will pay at the gate and fairweathers be keeping their powder dry for the play offs? It's still the last home game of the campaign, 2nd place to play for and the prize money and potentially last game at home for 3 weeks

27 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

See we are approaching 4000 home tickets being sold this afternoon to date. Do we think this will be a bumper crowd or will pay at the gate and fairweathers be keeping their powder dry for the play offs? It's still the last home game of the campaign, 2nd place to play for and the prize money and potentially last game at home for 3 weeks

Bumper crowd. Hospo has been sold out for weeks.

I'd put the Queens support in the Main Stand and open the North Stand for home fans. Make it happen Connor 

Guest Flash
1 hour ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

The fairweathers didn't really show up for the play-off quarter final in 2014 when there were less than 3,400 home fans. I appreciate that season tickets wouldn't have been valid for that, but getting a higher crowd for an easy, run of the mill league victory is pretty good.

3 minutes ago, Flash said:

The fairweathers didn't really show up for the play-off quarter final in 2014 when there were less than 3,400 home fans. I appreciate that season tickets wouldn't have been valid for that, but getting a higher crowd for an easy, run of the mill league victory is pretty good.

That was still about 400 fans up on our average home gate that season, enough of an increase to sell out the south stand IIRC. I agree with your point though, even for the semi final against Hamilton we only got up to about 3,800 home fans. 

A better example would be last season, going for 2nd on the final day against Morton, we had 5,000 home fans inside the ground - quite a but up on the 3,600 or so we were averaging that season. 

We've been averaging more like 4,300 this season and that kind of boost could take us over 5k

Guest Flash
5 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

That was still about 400 fans up on our average home gate that season, enough of an increase to sell out the south stand IIRC. I agree with your point though, even for the semi final against Hamilton we only got up to about 3,800 home fans. 

A better example would be last season, going for 2nd on the final day against Morton, we had 5,000 home fans inside the ground - quite a but up on the 3,600 or so we were averaging that season. 

We've been averaging more like 4,300 this season and that kind of boost could take us over 5k

Good stuff.

Can't see many of our fans travelling. Maybe with it being the last away game of the season there will be a few more than if it wasn't. Probably would make sense to open the north stand to home fans.

Can't make this game, first one at Falkirk I've missed for ages. I have a suspicion that we may be the party-poopers, like the 3-0 many years ago. We've been pretty poor the last couple of games, we're due a morale-boosting unexpected result. Particularly if Lyle is back. 

Once the effect of the hallucinatory drugs I must be on, reality will kick in......!

On 23/04/2017 at 18:30, 19QOS19 said:

Joint with Cummings but Hibs have one more game than us left. I had hoped they got to the final as it may have meant Lennon resting Cummings. Dobbie has a good record against Falkirk this season and another double would be most welcome.

On 23/04/2017 at 19:23, Skyline Drifter said:

I think he is more likely to play about with his team now all games are meaningless than if they had a cup final to come and they wanted their first team kept ticking over.

No sign of Cummings in their 18 last night. ;)

I guess if its a tie on goals scored with a.nother (Cummins) then bookies pay out ?

Never ever had a bet on top goalscorer ever.

I'm just hoping Baird, Miller and Sibbald add to their totals. 

I guess if its a tie on goals scored with a.nother (Cummins) then bookies pay out ?
Never ever had a bet on top goalscorer ever.
I'm just hoping Baird, Miller and Sibbald add to their totals. 

If I remember rightly the odds are halved and both are paid out.

I had David Villa to be top scorer in one of the International tournaments and he finished joint top.

Archived