Falkirk v Queen of the South

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hippolyte getting cited is surely not that big a deal. It caused a sneaky win over your rivals, causing them to lose their heads over a meaningless game and he gets to have a wee rest before the playoffs. Worth It IMO.

14 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

New line-up...

Thomson

Muirhead Gasparotto Grant Leahy

Craigen Taiwo McKee Sibbald

Austin McHugh

Rogers, Kidd, Gallagher, Kerr, Aird, Baird, Miller

No Hippo? 

12 minutes ago, Trump said:

Loved 10 out of that 11, but why do people still persist on McHugh as a starter? Starting to do my nut in.

McHugh a better finisher IMO. His goals have mostly been half chances he's taken through good positioning & runs off the defenders. In the midst of the Hyppogate debate, don't forget Baird had a really poor miss on Saturday when 1 on 1 with the gk.  I'd def fancy McHugh to score if given a similar chance. I'd play him in front of Baird. 

18 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Because Baird is pish and Big Sexy will be 34 next month 

3 goals from McHugh in nearly 2 seasons from league starts, says a no from me. Id have had him on as a sub on Saturday tho

I wouldnt be surprised if we started with Miller and Baird again, Id rather it was Baird and Austin but it will be Baird and A.Nother

There maybe even a chance of the same starting 11 again on Saturday, I wouldnt be surprised tbh

3 goals from McHugh in nearly 2 seasons from league starts, says a no from me. Id have had him on as a sub on Saturday tho
I wouldnt be surprised if we started with Miller and Baird again, Id rather it was Baird and Austin but it will be Baird and A.Nother
There maybe even a chance of the same starting 11 again on Saturday, I wouldnt be surprised tbh

I'm more interested in goals per minutes on the pitch than goals per starts

1 hour ago, Sloop John B said:

Hippolyte getting cited is surely not that big a deal. It caused a sneaky win over your rivals, causing them to lose their heads over a meaningless game and he gets to have a wee rest before the playoffs. Worth It IMO.

Exactly this. The levels of twitter warriors out in force since this happened has been excellent.  

10 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

I'm more interested in goals per minutes on the pitch than goals per starts

So you'd rather start a player who has been proven to have an awful goal per start ratio all because he scores a few goals as a sub.

Funnily I don't buy into that especially when Paul Watson has a better ratio per starts

Aye, it's not a disaster, if it happened in the last game of the season there'd be a bit of an uproar but as it is we should, no disrespect intended to QoTS and Dumbarton, have the players to get us through the next two games.

i'd take NavyBlueArmy1876's team or swapping Baird for McHugh as Baird was decent last week. If we don't start Austin we need to start Aird at RW or Shepherd up front, we can't keep lining up with all of our pace on the bench, I'd be starting Austin in every game we can though

So has he been given this ban because they deemed him to have dived? If that's the case then 2 games is pretty pathetic. Surely if they started dishing out a 5 game minimum suspension for simulation it would maybe solve the problem?

So you'd rather start a player who has been proven to have an awful goal per start ratio all because he scores a few goals as a sub.
Funnily I don't buy into that especially when Paul Watson has a better ratio per starts

Baird has been in my first eleven pretty much all season his workrate is unquestionable . However when Houston says he doesn't drop players they drop themselves and a striker doesn't score, or look like scoring in 8 or 9 games then it's time for him to come on as sub. McHugh came on against st mirren and scored with his first touch and took a minute to do what Baird hasn't done in weeks. I get the start argument but there comes a point when he has to start before baird. Like someone said earlier he's a better finisher.

So has he been given this ban because they deemed him to have dived? If that's the case then 2 games is pretty pathetic. Surely if they started dishing out a 5 game minimum suspension for simulation it would maybe solve the problem?

Based on your solution, Iain Russell might have never have played for your lot.

Based on your solution, Iain Russell might have never have played for your lot.

I can't recall Russell ever being pulled up in front of a panel tbh. And I can't ever recall him diving to win us a penalty even though opposition fans promised us it would happen.

I can't recall Russell ever being pulled up in front of a panel tbh. And I can't ever recall him diving to win us a penalty even though opposition fans promised us it would happen.

Neither can I, that doesn't mean he hasn't warranted it or it didn't happen. I can't recall him doing much of note against us either tbh, the odd goal here or there but nothing significant.

Surely it doesn't matter if your diving for a penalty, at the half way line or in your own box. Its all cheating surely.punishment should be the same . Funny how retrospective action only ever seems to happen when it's a penalty or red card incident though. 

Archived