Falkirk v Queen of the South

9 hours ago, Russ said:

Nah I don't agree with this at all. Leahy has really stepped up since he got back into the team. The last few weeks him and Sibbald have been teaming up really well down the left and even with Hippo there I think the link up between the 3 is always good.

As much as Tony Gallacher has the potential right now Leahy is the much better player and rightly should be playing. He's got his faults defensively but there's certainly not another left back in the league I'd swap him for.

Leahy was the worst player on the park v St Mirren, wasn't much better last week and losing a header in the lead up to goal, for me he is showing the same form currently that got him dropped in the first place.

His use of the ball has been poor recently, he had a real zip about his play when reinstated, just not doing it for me, especially last two games

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't think Gallacher was amazing when put into the first team in January tbh, not terrible but just as you'd expect someone so young getting his first starts to play (better than Kingsley's first few games for sure). I wouldn't be keen on putting him into the first team in the high pressure games we've got left for that reason, I think he'll be our LB next season as it looks like Leahy will be off and I think a good pre-season as our first choice LB will stand him in good stead for next year.

57 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Leahy is a lot better when hippo is playing in front of him. Anyone else and he struggles.

That's baws, Leahys best strength is attacking which is never used when Hippo is in front of him, he is just a defender.

The link up play with Leahy and Sibbald is a joy to watch at times and creates a lot of our chances, Hippo is a one man show, whereas Sibbald and Leahy will pass and move, play into space

Just now, MrDust said:

That's baws, Leahys best strength is attacking which is never used when Hippo is in front of him, he is just a defender.

The link up play with Leahy and Sibbald is a joy to watch at times and creates a lot of our chances, Hippo is a one man show, whereas Sibbald and Leahy will pass and move, play into space

He was certainly better on Saturday once Hippo came on. Hippo has pace whilst if you pair leahy and Sibbald you've got two players as slow as they come and their a liability defensively.

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

He was certainly better on Saturday once Hippo came on. Hippo has pace whilst if you pair leahy and Sibbald you've got two players as slow as they come and their a liability defensively.

Leahy was all over the place again on Saturday and Hippo didn't play that well either.

If that's your justification that Leahy is better than with Hippo, its a poor one.

Its pretty simple, Leahy strength is going forward, hippo nullifies that.

I could give you a dozen or so great interaction play between Sibbald and Leahy off the top of my head, Hippo and Leahy Zero

13 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Leahy was all over the place again on Saturday and Hippo didn't play that well either.

If that's your justification that Leahy is better than with Hippo, its a poor one.

Its pretty simple, Leahy strength is going forward, hippo nullifies that.

I could give you a dozen or so great interaction play between Sibbald and Leahy off the top of my head, Hippo and Leahy Zero

His great strength may be going forward but he also needs help defensively and Sibbald isnt going to provide that. I'll admit that a  lot depends on who your playing against but again we seem to do very little scouting of our opponents anyway. Against St Mirren McGennis ripped him apart as he had absolutely no help . If your playing a team with a decent right winger then you have to play Hippo who has also played at full back in the past to give leahy support. 

I'm a bit out of the loop on the Hippo thing. Thought it was a stonewaller at the time but it's obviously a bit of simulation/overreaction.

Be that as it may, if the ref had pulled him up for it at the time he would've been booked, no? So why would he be punished above and beyond the rules because the ref missed it?

2 minutes ago, thelocalcat said:

Be that as it may, if the ref had pulled him up for it at the time he would've been booked, no? So why would he be punished above and above the rules because the ref missed it?

Becasue we gained an advantage from it.

1 hour ago, ilostmyself said:

It's nowhere near as blatant as the Ross County one, definitely a bit more of a grey area if we argue he somersaulted to avoid injury, be interesting to see how it pans out. Any idea when they decide?

Decision by 3PM today according to BBC.

2 hours ago, Rugster said:

Becasue we gained an advantage from it.

Is it because they are clamping down on diving as a whole?

For instance, if Peter Grant climbed on someone's back during a Falkirk corner, won the header and the ref missed it (obviously to the extent it was a definite booking) then the ball was turned in, he wouldn't be banned afterwards.

SFA are trying to make an example. Would the same happen if it was a dive outside the box and then a goal scored from the free kick ? Genuine question as has been said, it is a grey area only brought about after the embarssing antics from the Ross county boy. And the fact the fifers went crying to Twitter in the aftermath in an official capacity...minterific.

anyway meh...sibbald on the left, hippo hasn't been a prominent figure of late, and will be available for the playoffs. 

13 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

SFA are trying to make an example. Would the same happen if it was a dive outside the box and then a goal scored from the free kick ? Genuine question as has been said, it is a grey area only brought about after the embarssing antics from the Ross county boy. And the fact the fifers went crying to Twitter in the aftermath in an official capacity...minterific.

anyway meh...sibbald on the left, hippo hasn't been a prominent figure of late, and will be available for the playoffs. 

Hopefully this will push Houston into starting mckee in the middle on Saturday.

Archived