Falkirk v Queen of the South

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why would he be? If the ref got it wromg because the keeper touched the ball thats not Hippos fault surely? Are we saying the keeper made no contact with Hippo? If so I disagree.

It would be a disgrace if he was in any way disciplined for trying to get out of the way of the Pars keeper. It's really not that clear that he 'dived' to win a penalty.

If the ref decided to give a penalty then it's the officials who are to blame. However I am not too sure they deserve the stick either. It really was not that clear and I and many other Bairns believed it was a stick on penalty at the time.

It's really easy to criticise after video evidence is available.

I'm equally against all this contact=penalty rubbish.

But it looks to me very like the keeper got to the ball first, palmed it out for a corner, and almost straight after, Hippo kicked the back of his hand and tumbled his wilkies for reasons unknown.

Sorry, but the huge theatricality makes it look like a massive dive to me.

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Theres theatrical after contact, then theres 2 game ban worthy simulation. Hippo is guilty of dramatics and it bugs me, but there is no fucking way that this incident is worthy of further investigation. The ref had a split second call to make on whether the keeper won the ball or not. Not whether Hippo was touched.

Keeper wins ball = No penalty.
Keeper doesnt win ball = Penalty.

Thats where the error was made.

Well the keeper won the ball so we agree it should not have been a pen. As I said above, I sympathise with the ref. But Hippo was at it.

1 minute ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Definite contact on Hippolyte. Not a penalty, but he has gone over the keepers arm. He's made the most of it, but he has been touched. I'd be astounded if he got a ban  

There might be enough dubiety for them to reach a 'not proven' verdict, but I think after Schalk they will be coming down hard.

5 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Well the keeper won the ball so we agree it should not have been a pen. As I said above, I sympathise with the ref. But Hippo was at it.

he has previous, it doesnt sit well with me. but on saturday i was convinced it was a pen at the time but the pars shitfest clip shows it was the wrong call probably. not the refs fault but no way is it a ban otherwise most pen claims would result in the same when there is "contact"

5 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Fair comment Spratte, but see above.

yeah missed your post, guess we'll just have to wait and see. at least with housties starting 11 we are used to playing without him....

The Falkirk tv highlight makes it look like a stonewall pen and speaking from my view behind the goals I was adamant it was a definite pen.

The key point to some extent is in real time its not as obvious a dive, whereas slowed down and camera from opposite angle it may look otherwise.

I personally dont think its clear cut taking in all the angles to punish, what may make a difference is the stories that Hippo was bragging going up the tunnel and admitting it, if that was the case. The SPFL may feel to take action due to that highlighting it to the public.

Id be surprised tho if there was any action, I cant recall any action being taken similar in the leagues below the top one, we are the leagues they ignore

Hope you're right, but the SFA will feel stung by the Schalk thing so will be extra ruthless for a time I fear.

I think we were rather hard done by by the SFA at St Johnstone earlier this year. I note that since we were made an example of for holding in the box the rules have never been consistently applied.

However to use us to make an example again on a point of dubiety would be outrageous.

33 minutes ago, MrDust said:

The Falkirk tv highlight makes it look like a stonewall pen and speaking from my view behind the goals I was adamant it was a definite pen.

The key point to some extent is in real time its not as obvious a dive, whereas slowed down and camera from opposite angle it may look otherwise.

I personally dont think its clear cut taking in all the angles to punish, what may make a difference is the stories that Hippo was bragging going up the tunnel and admitting it, if that was the case. The SPFL may feel to take action due to that highlighting it to the public.

Id be surprised tho if there was any action, I cant recall any action being taken similar in the leagues below the top one, we are the leagues they ignore

Every chance he was simply winding the silly fuckers up!

Our best XI is clearly

Keeper

Muirhead Grant Watson Leahy

Craigen Taiwo Sibbs Hippo

Austin A.N.Other

Thomson is in possession of the jersey and there's no reason he should lose it at this stage. Watson is injured so Luca can fill in. McKee played well in his one start but Taiwo is an excellent player at this level. Hippo and Austin give us pace. Miller is the best striker we have outwith Austin but should be saved from the bench. Baird I think is unjustly criticised and would work well with Austin, he's not fantastic but he grafts and has a decent football brain (for our level anyway).

Aye I'd agree with the team with perhaps Kidd in for Muirhead the only possible change.

I'm still convinced a centre back partnership of Watson/Grant is our strongest and Peter Grant has looked at his best for us whilst paired with Watson.

Hippo, Taiwo, Austin and Sibbald all must start if fit. Regardless of who we're up against we are a far weaker side without any of them.

As much as I've gave Baird plenty of stick I agree to a certain extent. I think a lot of the negativity towards him is him constantly starting ahead of Austin. Do think they could work well together.

No arguments from me with that line up, the only thing Id consider is Gallacher in for Leahy, Leahy has been off the boil the last few weeks and with Hippo in front of him, he doesnt really get forward as much or used as an attacking fullback, tho Gallacher worked better with Hippo and is better defensively.

Nah I don't agree with this at all. Leahy has really stepped up since he got back into the team. The last few weeks him and Sibbald have been teaming up really well down the left and even with Hippo there I think the link up between the 3 is always good.

As much as Tony Gallacher has the potential right now Leahy is the much better player and rightly should be playing. He's got his faults defensively but there's certainly not another left back in the league I'd swap him for.

Its ridiculous that you get a two game ban for the ref making a c**t of things whilst if the ref makes the right call you only get a yellow. It should either be an automatic red card during the match or simply a yellow if found guilty afterwards. 

Leahy is a lot better when hippo is playing in front of him. Anyone else and he struggles.

Archived