St Mirren vs Raith Rovers

Matthews is suspended for us. A big blow because our midfield is brutal without him.

Is Skacel back? Does he not have some silly scoring record v St. Mirren?

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, irvine_buddie said:

Hopefully Raith will take at best a draw midweek against Hibs and tire themselves out which would mean if we were to win on Saturday we couldn't finish 10th even if Ayr beat Hibs. Or even better.. Hibs hammer both Raith and Ayr and we hammer Raith, but can't be greedy :rolleyes:.

What am i missing? 

4 hours ago, itzdrk said:

What am i missing? 

So long as Raith don't win tomorrow night, A win on Saturday would keep us 2 ahead of Ayr and take us 1 or 2 ahead of Raith. 

Because both teams play each other in last game of the season, either side could still overtake us but not both. 

Most fellow fans I have spoken to are heading through to Paisley for this one. How much fans does the away end hold? Never been to the new stadium but it looks tiny on TV. If we don't win tomorrow this will be our biggest game since the league decider at eep. 

9 minutes ago, RR #1 said:

Most fellow fans I have spoken to are heading through to Paisley for this one. How much fans does the away end hold? Never been to the new stadium but it looks tiny on TV. If we don't win tomorrow this will be our biggest game since the league decider at eep. 

1,600 in the away end, give or take. Capacity of just over 8,000.

We're getting guys from The Falkirk Stadium to help with doing a head count, so attendance is expected to be confirmed at 2,387.

17 hours ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Ryan Hardie has a ridiculous scoring record against them. 5 goals in 3 games I'm sure..

Hardie will no doubt be booed and shouted at by an element in our support and therefore go on to have an absolute blinder.

We're getting guys from The Falkirk Stadium to help with doing a head count, so attendance is expected to be confirmed at 2,387.

There will be plenty of room in the away end if we are given it then. Can't imagine any more than 400-500 away fans making the trip.

Right....formalities are now out of the way. Now this is going to be fucking very tasty on Saturday. 

Let's get this done Saints. A win on Saturday now means we can't be automatically relegated and in fact, will briefly go 7th and have a shout of staying there heading into the final round of fixtures.

If we're not up for this, we'll never be up for anything.

Was worried about the impact on morale the nature of Saturday's defeat would have - so thanks very much for matching that tonight Raith.

It's now back in our own hands. Which means we'll almost certainly f**k it up. 

On 4/25/2017 at 15:08, Coventry Saint said:

Surprised we weren't raided by HMRC as well today tbh 

Meh. Usual sickener to get beat in the way we did tonight. On the other hand a draw didnt massively change the maths for us anyway. 

At least we're scoring goals again.

Archived