St Mirren vs Raith Rovers

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, irvine_buddie said:

Hope theres a photo of Mallans screamer hitting the net with Rory Loy standing with his hands on his head in amazement :lol:.

My son had the exact same reaction as Rory Loy ! Stunned disbelief :lol:

On 4/30/2017 at 22:55, Silvio said:

He reminded me of Tom Walsh and Ryan Hardie who we had earlier. I know Hardie has scored goals for you guys but him and Walsh were utter wage thief's for us who looked like they had never even been tackled during their time at Murray Park.

Does my nut in that Hardie still plays for the Rangers 21s whilst on loan at another club. Shows no respect at all for the club he's on loan to. Just expects to turn up on a Saturday. Wee dick.

Tom Walsh didn't seem that way to me. I think he was a player low on confidence not helped by playing in a rubbish team. He chipped in with a few vital goals too. Put it this way he was no worse in the early part of the season than a number of decent players now. If he stayed who knows if Ross could have helped him, but you can't argue with our January business.  

Hardie however was a waste of space, who looked disinterested in the fight. I thought he looked like a player who though he should be at Rangers and was 'better than this'. Shankland was poor for us- a shadow of his performances last season when I thought he was good. He was unfit and struggled for form, but at least he put some effort in on the pitch and had a long throw. 

On 4/30/2017 at 21:50, Hank Scorpio said:

Watched the highlights earlier today. It's been a long time since I disliked a Rovers player as much as I dislike Jordan Thompson. Swanning about the pitch like he's too good for this level despite the fact he's probably our worst player. Typified by him arguing with McManus about a free kick whilst St. Mirren are scoring a goal at the other end. Hides when we have the ball, doesn't do anything with it when he has it, gets robbed of possession far too easily. Not a Championship player, never will be. Cannot wait til the end of the season for a huge number of reasons, but not having to see him in a Rovers strip ever again is pretty high on that list.

McManus was really poor on Saturday. Usually he loves a game via us, but never got a sniff. Jason Thomson appeared the only Raith player who looked to be frustrated by what was going on. M'Voto was a nightmare, pretty much trying to grapple Gary McKenzie out of the game, and couldn't handle any pace. 

Raith looked like us at the start of this season under Alex Rae. Indeed I'm sure Rae has had moments of talking about 'fight and passion' ala Yogi. I think Yogi might be saving himself a bit after realising he walked into a mess and has players he didn't want and wouldn't have signed. 

39 minutes ago, flyingscot said:

Tom Walsh didn't seem that way to me. I think he was a player low on confidence not helped by playing in a rubbish team. He chipped in with a few vital goals too. Put it this way he was no worse in the early part of the season than a number of decent players now. If he stayed who knows if Ross could have helped him, but you can't argue with our January business.  

Hardie however was a waste of space, who looked disinterested in the fight. I thought he looked like a player who though he should be at Rangers and was 'better than this'. Shankland was poor for us- a shadow of his performances last season when I thought he was good. He was unfit and struggled for form, but at least he put some effort in on the pitch and had a long throw. 

McManus was really poor on Saturday. Usually he loves a game via us, but never got a sniff. Jason Thomson appeared the only Raith player who looked to be frustrated by what was going on. M'Voto was a nightmare, pretty much trying to grapple Gary McKenzie out of the game, and couldn't handle any pace. 

Raith looked like us at the start of this season under Alex Rae. Indeed I'm sure Rae has had moments of talking about 'fight and passion' ala Yogi. I think Yogi might be saving himself a bit after realising he walked into a mess and has players he didn't want and wouldn't have signed. 

Rae is in today's papers having the brass neck to slate Mark Warburton's signing policy at Rangers.

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

Alex Rae :lol:

Alex Rae has a cheek. 

Remember he criticised our youths for playing out from the back and said he couldn't watch it. No wonder players like Mallan and Naismith regressed under his long ball patter. 

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

It's fine: his management career is finished and he knows it.

No, I'm a Saints fan. I am not happy if I can't moan about something and things at the moment are OK on the footballing side. So all I have is moaning about Alex Rae. He gets to sit on TV/radio and talk about football despite his poor player identification and poor results at Saints. 

Archived