St Mirren vs Raith Rovers

9 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Yup. Was just having a chuckle at this myself earlier.

Who was it that said it? It was certainly a Morton fan. The charge levied at Mallan being that he scored one good goal against Dundee and has been living off the back of it ever since. :lol:

I think a pipe-fitter may have been involved.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, fcrover said:

Will be sitting in the car park next week until team lines come through.  If Skacel starts and Hardie doesn't I will seriously consider starting the engine and going home. This season is actually worse than the French farce, something I never thought remotely possible. 

I could just about understand starting Skacel giving his scoring record against us. Not starting Hardie was absolutely nuts. He's scored a shedload for you since he went back to you, scored during the week and loves scoring against us. I couldn't believe it took him so long to come on - should have been changes at half-time, instead it was already too late by the time he came on. Funny how, despite that obvious error, Hughes blames everyone but himself in his interview - although maybe that will have the desired effect and be the rocket up the backside the players need.

For the first 10 minutes or so I thought M'voto looked a decent defender as he was big, strong, powerful and composed. He didn't half prove me wrong!

14 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

The Press Association listed it as an OG. Everyone else is giving credit where it is due. Friggin journos.

The PA stats are quite often done by former players. Who are we journos and fans to argue with their expertise? After all, we "huvnae played the gemme".

Brilliant stuff yesterday after we got the first goal and the one for Mallan's hat-trick was just incredible - probably the best I've seen at the new ground. Everyone was superb. I just hope we don't live to regret the lap of honour :lol:

21 minutes ago, pogo1910 said:

How many of the raith team are under contract for next season? no chance of them just chucking it as a massive f**k you to yogi?

Too many - 10 I believe. 

I live in hope that despite their contract status, a few of them will be invited to f**k off if another club will take them. 

How many of the raith team are under contract for next season? no chance of them just chucking it as a massive f**k you to yogi?

Of Yesterday's team, only 3 of the starting 11(Craig Barr, Bobby Barr and Jason Thomson are contracted for next season) and one of the subs i think( Mark Stewart) are contracted for next season. Of the other 10 that featured, I'd only have time for the other 2 subs from last night if they were around for next season( Ryan Hardie and Johnny Court) I would also tell Bobby Barr and Jason Thomson to go and find new clubs if possible..

4 minutes ago, Stu said:

I could just about understand starting Skacel giving his scoring record against us. Not starting Hardie was absolutely nuts. He's scored a shedload for you since he went back to you, scored during the week and loves scoring against us. I couldn't believe it took him so long to come on - should have been changes at half-time, instead it was already too late by the time he came on. Funny how, despite that obvious error, Hughes blames everyone but himself in his interview - although maybe that will have the desired effect and be the rocket up the backside the players need.

For the first 10 minutes or so I thought M'voto looked a decent defender as he was big, strong, powerful and composed. He didn't half prove me wrong!

The PA stats are quite often done by former players. Who are we journos and fans to argue with their expertise? After all, we "huvnae played the gemme".

Brilliant stuff yesterday after we got the first goal and the one for Mallan's hat-trick was just incredible - probably the best I've seen at the new ground. Everyone was superb. I just hope we don't live to regret the lap of honour :lol:

It wasn't a 'lap of honour' Stu. It was a 'thanks for your support' and maybe a 'cheerio' from some players. We do this the last home game every season.

1 minute ago, Stu said:

Why would we? The lap is done every season and has been the case since the stadium move regardless of league standing. 

There's a chance it could be our last game of the season at our home ground, so it was justified that the players came out and took a bit of the appreciation for their efforts of the last few months. 

Just now, NorthBank said:

It wasn't a 'lap of honour' Stu. It was a 'thanks for your support' and maybe a 'cheerio' from some players. We do this the last home game every season.

Call it what you like, it just felt a wee bit too much like tempting fate for me. But then, I'm a fatalist by nature and didn't relax until we'd got the fifth goal!

11 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Of Yesterday's team, only 3 of the starting 11(Craig Barr, Bobby Barr and Jason Thomson are contracted for next season) and one of the subs i think( Mark Stewart) are contracted for next season. Of the other 10 that featured, I'd only have time for the other 2 subs from last night if they were around for next season( Ryan Hardie and Johnny Court) I would also tell Bobby Barr and Jason Thomson to go and find new clubs if possible..

Why Court over Barr? Court has had one decent 20 minute spell ffs :lol:

3 hours ago, geo87 said:

As much as I can't stand yogi, I almost feel sorry for him in that interview!

Obviously something deeply routed before he came and hasn't been able to change it

Nah, f**k him. There was something deeply rooted at Saints, too, and JR has managed to fix it (albeit we were/are fortunate to have several sellable young players, one of whom went in Jan).

Yogi turned us down and I'm delighted he did. I like Raith, and wish them no ill, but Yogi can get fucked.

Archived