St Mirren vs Raith Rovers

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FT 5-0

Easy as you like it today.

Bit nervy before the first goal, but as soon as that goes in we never looked like not winning.

I thought Mallan got a hat trick and assisted the other two but seen his second has been given as an og and McKenzie's been given to Loy. Just the two goals and two assists then. Yet another outstanding performance from him today. Couldn't grudge him a move to England this summer based on the way he's saved our season, hope we keep him though.

Raith were as poor as I've seen from a side at this level for a long time. Offered absolutely nothing going forward and were awful defensively aswell.

It's still all going to come down to the last day though. Think we need to get something at Easter Road to avoid 9th. That's not going to be as easy as today was.

On 27/04/2017 at 07:47, Scary Bear said:

Still, if Dumbarton and The Pars are capable of a draw in Paisley then so are we. Hopefully we can get a win or a draw and not another fucking away defeat.

Problem with that logic is we are actually a good team

It was definitely a hat trick for Mallan. You can't call it an own goal if a freekick clips the wall on its way through.

I've reached a weird zen state with this Rovers team. I think the last of my anger escaped at East End Park, and Easter Road took the last of my enthusiasm. I'm just an empty husk, sitting on a flappy plastic chair, my eyes following eleven men who look like they've never met, as they fail to kick a ball to one another.

"You're nothing special, we lose every week" was the only thing that stirred me today.

We might well stay up next week. It might even be probable. But we don't fucking deserve to.

Will be sitting in the car park next week until team lines come through.  If Skacel starts and Hardie doesn't I will seriously consider starting the engine and going home. This season is actually worse than the French farce, something I never thought remotely possible. 

I genuinely didn't realise Skacel was playing! How times have changed.

Eckersley and Smith were superb today but obviously Mallan takes all the plaudits, that third goal was absolutely incredible.

I also enjoyed Bobby Barr nearly getting booked for dissent early on when he'd just won a corner. :lol:

Archived