St Mirren vs Raith Rovers

I'd drop Stewart for this. McManus turned into a different player once Stewart went off last night and could have had himself four goals if it wasn't for the ref wrongfully disallowing a goal for a foul, the inside of the post and then a fantastic save from Laidlaw to deny him his overhead kick.

Alongside McManus, I'd have Hardie with his brilliant goal scoring form against St Mirren( 5 goals in 3 games)

I'd also get rid of the 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 pish that Yogi seems to favour and go back to 4-4-2 like we played with in the second half yesterday. Bobby Barr and Johnstone on the wings. In the middle, I'd have Handling in the middle alongside Craig Barr and bring Bene back into the back line.

He won't though and Jordan Thompson will keep his place simply because we don't have any other midfielders. Skacel will almost certainly be in the starting XI as well..

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Difficult to say how Saturday will go.

Recent form points to a home win with Raith the worst travelling side in the division by a country mile having only won 10 points on the road from 51 to date (the next worse is 4 teams all on  17 points)

That said, only Ayr have a worse home record than Saints this season.

When it comes down to this it's as much about bottle and nerves as tactics and ability. I'm hoping that the amount of "must win" games we've been through will stand us in good stead but I think the first goal is really going to be the key.

We blew Ayr away with some early goals but somehow I don't see Rovers crumbling like that.

Saints to edge a tight, nervy, niggly bum clencher by 2-0 I reckon.

You forgot the bit about 'over the last 10 games'.

At one point we were 19 points behind Raith, 12 behind Dumbarton and 10 behind Ayr. That was when we had no midfield under Rae. The transformation since we produced a midfield in January has been pretty spectacular.

When Jack Ross replaced Rae you were 2 points behind Dumbarton. You were on 4 and we were on 6 points.

Enough of how good this St Mirren midfield currently are or aren't. If it's stats you want then since 23rd 'April, Raith are the 2nd highest goal scorers in whole division, only one solitary goal behind champions Hibernian.

A d we haven't won since then

18 hours ago, Soctty said:

It's dominated games against Hibs, Utd, Morton and Falkirk in the last month or so. It's certainly one of the best.

I was at the Falkirk game and can say definitively that's absolute shite. Mallan and McGinn couldn't stop giving the ball away, although the latter did score a peach in fairness.

17 hours ago, sons'r'us said:

When Jack Ross replaced Rae you were 2 points behind Dumbarton. You were on 4 and we were on 6 points.

True, but unfortunately Rae didn't take his rubbish players with him.

This will be my first trip to the new stadium, where is the best place to park up?

As mentioned there's a few streets you can park at, I've parked on Murray Street my 2 previous games there. Easy enough to get away after the game. I'm going tomorrow and will be parking there again.

As for the 90mins, I'm shit!ng it. I missed the Hibs game, but if we play anything like the Morton game I'll be confident enough to say we'll get some form of result (draw/win).

Murray St, Clark St, Tannahill Rd and Terrace, Mackenzie St.

parking.JPG.0bb01a8467b106e646358dc88b1987a8.JPG

Any of the streets to the south on that map if you're there within 30 minutes of kickoff.

As mentioned there's a few streets you can park at, I've parked on Murray Street my 2 previous games there. Easy enough to get away after the game. I'm going tomorrow and will be parking there again.

As for the 90mins, I'm shit!ng it. I missed the Hibs game, but if we play anything like the Morton game I'll be confident enough to say we'll get some form of result (draw/win).

Much appreciated. Should be there in plenty of time to get a space.

Archived