St Mirren vs Raith Rovers

3 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

1 point from the last 10 away games for Rovers.

I wonder how far you have to go back for stats like that. Were we even that bad away from home in the Anelka season? Is that even form? Just as well our home form has picked up or we'd be down already.

Still, if Dumbarton and The Pars are capable of a draw in Paisley then so are we. Hopefully we can get a win or a draw and not another fucking away defeat.

http://www.statto.com/football/teams/raith-rovers/records

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Pride of Fife said:

Hard to predict an outcome, St Mirren may have 'steamrollered' Ayr but they also laboured to a draw at home to Dumbarton the following week. Form suggests only one outcome perhaps but there will be huge pressure on both teams 

Will be a nervy Stadium all round, I imagine worst thing would be us losing an 'early' goal which calms St Mirren and fills them with confidence. Our away form is dire at best but despite heartbreak at Easter Rd, at least our two strikers found the net. Really can't see it but how about we start with those two? A McManus high on confidence and a Hardie back at a club he wants to prove folk wrong at? B Barr back in from start and these three are surely going to create a chance or two between them

Bad news that Matthews is suspended, one of the few shining lights from an almost pitch black season. I presume Bene will be back for Saturday? which is a plus.

I'm hopeful if not confident we can avoid defeat but have this weird feeling like we have been given all these get out of jail free cards and we are using them up one by one, hope they don't run out! ...

Hibs game was a free shot at virtual safety, didn't happen

St Mirren, another shot at securing safety

If that fails, Ayr last game with a chance of survival by winning....

Not to worry, always the playoffs to save ourselves......

Not if your bottom

Beaten by Hibs reserves last night, and another hard game on Saturday. I don't think we'll be up for anything. Unfortunately I think we'll lose heavily. Come on to fook Rovers, please please pretty please.

8 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Question for the St Mirren fans. Is this your club's biggest game since the League Cup Final?

Probably. I guess you could point towards any of the games that saw us drop from the top flight, but that relegation just felt so inevitable that its hard to point to one single game.

The stakes haven't been this high (or low...) for us since Hugh Murray got the winner against Stirling Albion in 1998.

Standing at 9 away defeats in a row. Might have to wait until next season to beat the record.

Does that website tell you when we last lost 9 away games in a row?

34 games without an away win. Ooooft. Time does make you forget.

54 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Question for the St Mirren fans. Is this your club's biggest game since the League Cup Final?

There's been lots of games this season that could have sealed our fate. This is just the next one.

Whilst defeat would potentially send us to a level we've never been at before, losing the Hugh Murray game would probably have put us out of business. 

At least if we go down this time we have no worries on that front.

10 hours ago, Fony Titz said:

Far too many saints fans appearing as confident for my liking. It's similar to the build up to the last Raith game and we all know how that went.

I will definitely not boo or abuse Hardie similar to me not doing it to Shankland at cappielow a few weeks ago.

Hardie to score on Saturday must be the stick on bet of the season. He's scored more goals for Raith than Sutton or Loy have managed since the start of the year (although not more than them combined, which I'd wondered about). pretty frustrating seeing him doing it at Raith - why couldn't he have been as useless as Shankland at Morton?

Last night has given us a chance, however it's now up to us to take it. Slightly concerned about the attitude of some Saints fans who seem to think we just need to turn up, win, then draw at Hibs and head off for our holidays. Let's make damn sure we get the win on Saturday because a defeat and a win for Ayr means we're in danger of not even making the play-offs.

We may have had the upper hand against Ayr this season but we've been woeful against Dumbarton and Raith - I think we've only managed a couple of wins over them since we were relegated. This will not be easy, especially with Raith knowing a win will seal their fate. Confusingly, Yogi is saying he'd take the play-offs and then adds he's confident they'll beat us.

I'd start Stelios, dunno which fullback I'd drop, then it's a case of which of Loy, Sutton, Morgan (fitness depending) and Smith start.

EDIT: Meant to add, I don't think this will be a nervy game decided by a single goal as both teams are scoring but neither can defend!

Would love to see Raith go down if only because of that arrogant bastahd Yogi. His stock would marvellously nosedive.

After the way he's conducted himself since coming into the club, his stock will have already taken a massive nose-dive I imagine.

It really is hilarious to see that he can't see that himself.

Can't see us winning here. A draw is the best result we can hope for I suspect and then hope Hibs do us a favour by beating St Mirren on the last day. There's a fragility about this Rovers team in defence that's frightening. Hope I'm wrong but I think we are pretty much a show in for the play-offs, worse if Ayr sneak something against Hibs

What result do I want here? I've spent a solid five minutes looking at the table, and I've got no idea.

A draw, maybe? But then both clubs close up. I fancy St Mirren to stay up, but I fancy Raith to beat Ayr on the final day. If both those things happen it'll likely be us in 9th.

This is just ridiculously tight!

11 hours ago, renton said:

Meh. Usual sickener to get beat in the way we did tonight. On the other hand a draw didnt massively change the maths for us anyway. 

At least we're scoring goals again.

Aye, while obviously Hibs' late winner means you're in even worse shit if you lose on Saturday and it does mean a lot to St. Mirren as they know they're safe from 10th with a win, from a Raith perspective what you need to do hasn't changed. Avoid defeat on Saturday then match St. Mirren's result the following Saturday and you know you're safe from 10th. Of course an Ayr win v Hibs would make a draw a bad result for both sides, but focus on what you can control.

1 hour ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

It's perhaps bigger than the League Cup Final. It's probably our biggest game since Falkirk away in 2009 or Forthbank in 1998. Finals are great esp for a club our size but you can recover from losing them. Relegation is a different beast. 

Put simply I don't think I was nervous going into Hampden and I will be on Sat. 

The hibs reserves we played yesterday are better than the whole st mirren team so if we play Like we did in the 2nd half we have a chance. Looking forward to the game just hope we don't lose. Would love an other hardie hat trick.

Archived