Congratulations Buckie Thistle

EdTheDuck

So they say, but a few fans might relish derbies v Elgin and possibly Peterhead. It's been pointed out on Fitbanorth that the fabled midweek game against the likes of Berwick is a very rare event. A great season for Buckie, never saw that coming.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

So they say, but a few fans might relish derbies v Elgin and possibly Peterhead. It's been pointed out on Fitbanorth that the fabled midweek game against the likes of Berwick is a very rare event. A great season for Buckie, never saw that coming.

A lot of the Buckie Thistle die hard supporters stopped using fitba north, some were banned, most just got fed up of Shaker and did what most Vale fans did and stopped using it. I think the Buckie Thistle players will want to win. Would be good to hear what the Buckie Thistle fans think?

Buckie fan here and I would love to see them promoted for a couple of seasons into the SPFL

I think they'll 100% try to win on Saturday so interesting to see how things stand after that

If I was a player I'd certainly want to win the playoffs for the prestige and if dont fancy the travelling then leave and sign for a highland league team

Manager interviewed here. Talks about the playoffs, but also about pursuing more HL titles and so on.

Few clips from players also; first one seems pretty adamant that they want to achieve status of 'best non-league side in the country' then try to go up into SPFL2.

http://hflhub.co.uk/index.php/2254-audio-interviews-buckie-celebrate-title-triumph

In context of above post he says most of this season's players are signed-up for future seasons, btw.

From a quick look at the tables there's a possibility that League 2 could be not bad at all for Buckie travel wise, with Berwick demoted and Annan promoted. Unlikely I know. 

Buckie Thistle
Peterhead
Elgin City
Montrose
Arbroath
Stirling Albion
Edinburgh City
Cowdenbeath
Stenhousemuir
Clyde

Congratulations to Buckie. Like many I didn't predict their success at the start of the season and expected the winners to be Brora, Cove or perhaps Formartine if they had managed to get their act together. Buckie have played some good football, scored plenty of goals and are deserved winners.

22 hours ago, Vale Vale Vale said:

A lot of the Buckie Thistle die hard supporters stopped using fitba north, some were banned, most just got fed up of Shaker and did what most Vale fans did and stopped using it. I think the Buckie Thistle players will want to win. Would be good to hear what the Buckie Thistle fans think?

:lol::lol::lol:

First Brora now Buckie. Highland League sides really are acting pathetic. Imagine wanting to dominate Highland League football every season [emoji38] surely going up in the Play offs would suggest you are better than any other HFL side?

13 hours ago, welshbairn said:

From a quick look at the tables there's a possibility that League 2 could be not bad at all for Buckie travel wise, with Berwick demoted and Annan promoted. Unlikely I know. 

Buckie Thistle
Peterhead
Elgin City
Montrose
Arbroath
Stirling Albion
Edinburgh City
Cowdenbeath
Stenhousemuir
Clyde

If the above theoretical composition of the SPFL Division 2 becomes a reality, Buckie's promotion would surely be financially beneficial. More league matches, higher crowds,etc, especially for the derby games. Would their promotion also benefit Banks O'Dee by them being elected to fill the HFL vacancy ? Are Banks still interested in joining the HFL ? 

5 hours ago, Robert James said:

If the above theoretical composition of the SPFL Division 2 becomes a reality, Buckie's promotion would surely be financially beneficial. More league matches, higher crowds,etc, especially for the derby games. Would their promotion also benefit Banks O'Dee by them being elected to fill the HFL vacancy ? Are Banks still interested in joining the HFL ? 

You have to imagine so, the North Juniors are a complete dead end.

10 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

First Brora now Buckie. Highland League sides really are acting pathetic. Imagine wanting to dominate Highland League football every season emoji38.png surely going up in the Play offs would suggest you are better than any other HFL side?

Not that hard to understand really. There's been a few Highland League sides who dominated that division for a few years and had great success and, unlike the Lowland League, still carries that history. So winning that league, against your rivals, would seem more important than bobbing around mid table in the lowest national tier will still seem like the bigger thing to many HL die hards. That'll change in time.

21 hours ago, dave_binos said:

Well done Buckie. Is there a match topic for the game this weekend against EK? Sure I saw one earlier in the week but can't seem to locate it.

Time to bung it in the League 2 forum, it's where the bookies place it.

I heard there was some trouble at the end of the first leg- not really a place you want to go and start some aggro.

Archived