Terrors vs Sons 29/4/2017

Steven Aitken should get manager of the year,honestly.

The number of times I've checked scores after games,and just said in Meldrew fashion ,I don't fuckin believe it:wub:

We'll have Vaughan and Stirling for next season:P

Well done Sons

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Steven Aitken should get manager of the year,honestly.
The number of times I've checked scores after games,and just said in Meldrew fashion ,I don't fuckin believe it:wub:
We'll have Vaughan and Stirling for next season[emoji14]
Well done Sons

Stirling is ours B)

We played some great football first 30 minutes of first have. If Simon Murray could actually finish we would have been well ahead.

We then played some horrendous football for 30 minutes of the second half. Coote coming on helped and continued to our equaliser.

But before that it was all Dumbarton . Very reminiscent of the fragility we saw in the united team Last year. Can't see a way through the playoffs if we keep that up.

I've always thought Murray was a moaning faced donkey. So I'm not surprised to hear him receive a bit of stick from the Utd fans. I'd genuinely not want him if he was offered to us.

He is however very good at walking around the pitch looking like a cowboy waiting to draw his pistol

200w.gif

4 hours ago, GraemePaynesSocks said:

Couldn't go to the game yesterday so I'm just catching up now.

It seems that Dumbarton had 60% of possession. If that's the level United are at just now, we really are in a desperate position.

Not sure where that stat came from, but BBC had Utd with 55% and Soccerway says 59%.

Re Murray, he had a stinker yesterday but has had a decent season overall with 14 goals. Made some bad decisions in the game as well as his poor finishing.

Just now, UnitedLoon63 said:

Good to see you've came out your cave, where you been hiding lately

It's pretty hard to gloat when my team has been as bad as yours. Now that the prodigal son has returned to steady the ship I'm here to give you c***s both barrels. 

Thank you.

2 minutes ago, UnitedLoon63 said:

Missed the game, probably a good thing.

How did Kuate and Donaldson play?

Kuate isn't fit but looked very good on the ball in the first half. Could be a very tidy player with more games.

I don't recall any glaring errors from Donaldson, but we looked very fragile as usual, in particular down his/Robson's side.

Guest DAVIDB69

I think as the season has gone on our standards have generally got worse. We look a bang average championship side with player quality to match.

We also play a shocking bad long ball type style these days as well

In the first twenty-five minutes we got a bit of a pasting and could have been two or three down. That said, Alan Martin pulled off a great save and then we came into it a bit. I think we were fortunate to be level at half-time, although it's the old cliche of a team not taking their chances when on top and we punished them for it.

In the second half we seemed like a different side. We pushed Dundee United back, imposed ourselves on the game and had a few decent chances, none more so than Vaughan's.

I think over the piece a draw was a fair result, and it shows how improved we were not only in the second half of the game, but the second half of the season overall, that as Andy Stirling said after the game, the lads were disappointed to only draw.

The lad Kuate looked handy in the first half, but like others for DU, faded in the second.

A massive result for us and one that should hopefully have secured our status as a Championship club for yet another year, which would be a magnificent achievement for all concerned.

Archived