Terrors vs Sons 29/4/2017

2 hours ago, UnitedLoon63 said:

Line up will probs look like something like this

Bell
Murdoch Toshney Durnan Robson

Kuate Flood
Spittal Andreu Murray

Big Tam

I don't think McKinnon will start Kuate yet unless he is resigned to finishing third and wants to experiment a little with options before the playoff. He has also started to look at a 442 more regularly so we might set things up like that again.

I'd be dropping Robson for the at least the last two league games. I think Dixon is still our best option and I wonder about the reliability of Robson in the playoffs. 

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't think McKinnon will start Kuate yet unless he is resigned to finishing third and wants to experiment a little with options before the playoff. He has also started to look at a 442 more regularly so we might set things up like that again.
I'd be dropping Robson for the at least the last two league games. I think Dixon is still our best option and I wonder about the reliability of Robson in the playoffs. 

Fair enough but think Kuate may get a run of games to show what he can do, rather than Allardice.

We always seem to start conceding stupid goals when Dixon plays. Can see us sticking with Robson.

55 minutes ago, UnitedLoon63 said:

Fair enough but think Kuate may get a run of games to show what he can do, rather than Allardice.

We always seem to start conceding stupid goals when Dixon plays. Can see us sticking with Robson.

I was happy to see Robson given a chance but he has been horrendous of late, that doesn't help the team or the lad's development.  I'm not surprised that McKinnon doesn't recognise this.

I also think Ray must have caught Charlie Telfer in bed with his missus.

3 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I was happy to see Robson given a chance but he has been horrendous of late, that doesn't help the team or the lad's development.  I'm not surprised that McKinnon doesn't recognise this.

I also think Ray must have caught Charlie Telfer in bed with his missus.

Maybe he's realised he's just a bit pish?

9 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Maybe he's realised he's just a bit pish?

Remind me of the last game that Telfer started where he was worse than anyone else who has played alongside Flood.  He the best passer of a ball we have in defensive midfield.

7 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Remind me of the last game that Telfer started where he was worse than anyone else who has played alongside Flood.  He the best passer of a ball we have in defensive midfield.

Best passer but worst everything else.

5 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

That's a meaningless statement but you're entitled to your opinion.

Just kidding.

Telfer isnt great imo, best passer, yes,  but I think he's not getting amy game time as he's too wee and cant handle the physical side. Look at who Mckinnon plays or played there - Toshney, Allardice, Murdoch, Flood and now Kuate. All bigger and / or stronger. 

Not saying it's right, but it's what's happening.

just reading down the last few reviews - "stupid goals" "horrendous" "a bit pish" "too wee" "can't handle the physical side" - you guys really should play Dixon, Robson, Telfer AND Allardice all together on Saturday. 

Happy to help. 

3 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Just kidding.

Telfer isnt great imo, best passer, yes,  but I think he's not getting amy game time as he's too wee and cant handle the physical side. Look at who Mckinnon plays or played there - Toshney, Allardice, Murdoch, Flood and now Kuate. All bigger and / or stronger. 

Not saying it's right, but it's what's happening.

Sorry, I thought you were being serious.

I don't think Telfer is brilliant but I think he's the best player to work alongside Flood in defensive midfield.  He can pass, he can tackle, he has decent positional sense, can start an attack, and sometimes gets into an advanced position.  He seemed to be dropped for no reason and if lack of physical presence really is the cause I think it's a mistake. Allardice has done OK for a young lad and I have not seen enough of Kuate to judge, but given what we have been fighting for I think dropping Telfer has been an error of judgement as has keeping Dixon out of the team when Robson's performances have dipped.

2 hours ago, Silverton End said:

Glad to see the Arabs have arrived on the Thread. :P

#runningscaredofTheSons

We are only using this thread to highlight how pish our team is and speculate on the thought process of the manager's team selection.  The game is incidental as will be our tactics and footballing prowess.

#canbarelywalkletalonerun

14 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Sorry, I thought you were being serious.

I don't think Telfer is brilliant but I think he's the best player to work alongside Flood in defensive midfield.  He can pass, he can tackle, he has decent positional sense, can start an attack, and sometimes gets into an advanced position.  He seemed to be dropped for no reason and if lack of physical presence really is the cause I think it's a mistake. Allardice has done OK for a young lad and I have not seen enough of Kuate to judge, but given what we have been fighting for I think dropping Telfer has been an error of judgement as has keeping Dixon out of the team when Robson's performances have dipped.

I pretty much agree with you other than the tackling bit. I cant remember the last time I thought he got stuck in but he's hardly played in ages so that could be part of the reason!

I'll admit to not being a Telfer fan in the slightest but I guess id have him there ahead of Toshney (who is a shitehouse), Murdoch (who's been excellent at right back) and Kuate (who's raw as hell and carrying a fridge on his back at the moment). I quite like Allardice but he dosent seem to cover a huge amount of ground and is inexperienced - but I'd go with him or Telfer with Flood.

Also, as Allardice will probably be here next year and Telfer won't, thas probably another reason why he's not getting a game.

Telfer' best game for us this season was at East End Park when we were down to ten men in the 'three penalties' match. He was outstanding and showed a level of work rate that unfortunately we haven't really seen much of.

I'm not sure what the situation with Flood is for next season but I'd imagine we will offer him a new deal. I think that McKinnon must prefer at least one of his defensive midfielders to be physically quite strong as we might see Flood being partnered with Allardice/Kuate (or some new 6ft8 signing in the summer).

12 hours ago, cedrick1 said:

Looks like we're behind the goal this time

pity last time was best view to watch a game I'd been in this year . 

Maybe it's the expected large travelling support ?? 

That is a shame, the view from the part we were in last time was fantastic - right on top of the dugouts as well.

Archived