Terrors vs Sons 29/4/2017

Big game for both clubs with United looking to keep up the pressure on Falkirk in the fight for second place. Dumbarton looking for points to seal a sixth season in the Championship. This will be just my second time at Tannadice, the first being the 0-8 reverse in 1995. 

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Shame.

He's been absolutely shite against us this year.

Agreed. I was looking forward to The Prince bossing him. Clearly, we need a strong, competent ref for this one. Sadly it doesn't look like it will be Craig Charleston, but there's always the likes of Mat Northcroft, John Beaton or Andrew Dallas to step in.

I went to the match at Tannadice earlier this season when we lost, narrowly.

Would like to think we can get a point on Saturday.

Maybe break our 'duck' on Alba, as in not losing whilst being shown Live on BBC TV (Airdrie playoffs being the exception)

21 minutes ago, lionel wickson said:

We drew 1-1 against Falkirk last season at The Rock on Alba. Late Gaz penalty after going down to 10 men.

Beat me to it. That was a game we should have won. Goal chalked off wrongly for offside (Kirkpatrick either scored it or set up Nade) Did Danny Rogers not wipe out The Prince for the pen also? I only remember because I watched some of it before I had to leave for me gig. 

These kick offs are a pain, I can never do later because of bookings and stuff... :thumbsdown

Beat me to it. That was a game we should have won. Goal chalked off wrongly for offside (Kirkpatrick either scored it or set up Nade) Did Danny Rogers not wipe out The Prince for the pen also? I only remember because I watched some of it before I had to leave for me gig. 
These kick offs are a pain, I can never do later because of bookings and stuff... :thumbsdown

Iirc we actually had two goals wrongly disallowed for offside, Kirkpatrick squared it to Nadé (who was behind the ball, quite clearly), then Buchanan headed in a free-kick that looked onside in the replays.

Dallas then went and gave them a penalty and sent Sparky off, after having the ball blasted off his arm from about a yard.

That was just about the angriest I've felt at a game!

If we both get a result this week, Dumbarton (and Falkirk), we can just have a smashing time on the last day of the season, cigars out and enjoy the sunshine.

I'm absolutely dreaming of this scenario. My nerves can't take much more.

I want a nice relaxing day with the cigars oot, the baws oot and plenty of mead.

3 hours ago, ilostmyself said:

If we both get a result this week, Dumbarton (and Falkirk), we can just have a smashing time on the last day of the season, cigars out and enjoy the sunshine.

2 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I'm absolutely dreaming of this scenario. My nerves can't take much more.

I want a nice relaxing day with the cigars oot, the baws oot and plenty of mead.

Without wanting to piss on this bonfire, the last time Dumbarton won 2 games in a row goes back to December 2015 with wins over Alloa and St Mirren. Saturday would be a great time to break that but I fear a point is about as good as we can hope for, meaning we'll more than likely need something from Falkirk on the last day.

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

Without wanting to piss on this bonfire, the last time Dumbarton won 2 games in a row goes back to December 2015 with wins over Alloa and St Mirren. Saturday would be a great time to break that but I fear a point is about as good as we can hope for, meaning we'll more than likely need something from Falkirk on the last day.

What made you like this?

3 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

What made you like this?

Following The Sons requires an element of reality & no delusions of grandeur.

We crumble in the games we think we'll win & pull something out the bag in games we fear the worst from :)

3 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

What made you like this?

Years of supporting Dumbarton.

It's actually worse than I pointed out too, the last time we won back to back away games was January 2014 with wins over Cowdenbeath and Alloa.

It's a shame we're not playing Alloa this weekend to be honest.

3 hours ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Iirc we actually had two goals wrongly disallowed for offside, Kirkpatrick squared it to Nadé (who was behind the ball, quite clearly), then Buchanan headed in a free-kick that looked onside in the replays.

Dallas then went and gave them a penalty and sent Sparky off, after having the ball blasted off his arm from about a yard.

That was just about the angriest I've felt at a game!

Oh aye, I'd forgotten about that one. Camera didn't really get a good angle to say for sure of the Buchanan one but the first was 100% the incorrect decision. I only watched to first half live so can be excused for forgetting about it... :rolleyes:

Archived