Hibs v Raith

We need to win either this game or the St Mirren game next Saturday.

This IMO is the easier of the 2 games. Still struggle to see a win happening though despite us drawing all 3 games with them this season.

I'll go for another 1-1 draw. One of the 2 Centre backs to get it.

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, Zing. said:

Think Raith have a decent chance of a result in this one. We've got f**k all left to play for. The team will already be thinking about their holidays. 

That's loser talk. Win the next two then go on holiday against us please. 

Decent time to play Hibs. Got to hope they're on holiday mode, though I fear that our away form may actually be so awful that it won't matter. I hope we have a go at them at least, none of this sitting in and trying to soak up the pressure, it won't work.

Had we won today, there might have been a big crowd.  As it stands, we don't give a toss about these next 3 games.  Play the fringe players, stick Marciano up top and have a laugh at Ambrose in goals.

I actually think we need something here. Even a point could be invaluable come the end of the season.

We have to get something from an away match at some point. I agree we oddly have a better chance here than in Paisley. Somehow Hibs haven't beaten us this season, would be nice to keep that going.

No Skacel or Handling though. Who comes in? Think a change of shape is necessary purely down to personnel. Might even see Bene come in and 5 at the back, or Barr moving into midfield.

Not attending. Hope we give a few Young lads a chance to play to see what they're capable of doing. Roll on next season

Next season can't come quickly enough. Couldn't give a shit about any of these games, no offence to Raith, Ayr or St Mirren.

Don't think anyone would take offence to that. Must be shite watching teams rock up to Easter Road every second week to sit in, and a lot of the time, take a point. Perfect case in point are the Ayr games earlier this season.

Hopefully Lennon drops a lot of the first teamers for this one after his comments after todays game.

We'll be missing Handling, unless the club catastrophically f**k up again. Also, Skacel will be missing. A win would be massive for ourselves. A draw would be fine.

3 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

With our away form it's hard to see anything other than a home win. It's all going to depend on the last two games for us.

I said the same on X'mas eve and.......

Given the make up of table as it stands, I can't see a draw being of much benefit. Caution to wind, try and attack them (not like one up front away from home has done much for us this season anyway) It's a shot at nothing really, no pressure, or certainly not kind of pressure we will feel if we go in to following two weeks so close to relegation. Team talk in short - "high tempo, press them, attack them, express yourselves, this includes you B Barr who is in from start, run at defence and supply our two, yes two strikers"

Here's hoping the Hibs players are as motivated for this as the hibee fans

4-2-3-1

P. Martin

Gray

Donaldson

McGregor

Crane

Bartley

S. Martin

Humphrey

I. Murray

Harris

CumDog (was going to say Shaw but I don't think we'll recall him until the season is over)

Nothing to play for, give the young lads a game with experience in the side to help them on

Given the make up of table as it stands, I can't see a draw being of much benefit.

I think Dumbarton are the ones where even an extra point can make all the difference. They play Dundee United and Falkirk in their last two, both of whom should need something from their games in the race for 2nd/3rd. If they got a point from those games (potentially mutually beneficial in their final match with Falkirk?) we'd likely need four points to finish above them due to GD. So a draw at Hibs would help take the pressure off the last two, slightly. Doesn't seem to make too much difference in regards to St Mirren and Ayr, I'll grant you.

Think last week's win has made me forget how rotten we are, away from home especially. I feel oddly optimistic. Would be a bizarre twist if we go four matches unbeaten against the champions but still get relegated.

Archived