Hibs v Raith

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Someone count up the goals conceded from direct free kicks this season please. Unbearable.

Out of interest was this a pattern that was evident before or after Hughes took over? Reason I ask is that we frequently conceded goals from set pieces and late on in games when Hughes was in charge of ICT.

Out of interest was this a pattern that was evident before or after Hughes took over? Reason I ask is that we frequently conceded goals from set pieces and late on in games when Hughes was in charge of ICT.

It's been a thing for us for the last 5 years to be honest.

Its been for some time.

Our keepers just assume the wall will stop the shot and leave that entire area open. It's been like that for fucking ages and never changes.

Msyne something to do with having a journeyman junior striker as a goalkeeping coach.

Gutted about that but 1 point would not of made a big difference. We looked a lot more dangerous when Stewart came off. The big game is on Saturday. McManus really unlucky not of got a hat trick tonight no way that was a foul before he put it into the net. The ref made some poor calls. But we should take heart from that coz if we play like the. 2nd half today we will beat Ayr and can beat st mirren

Betting on your team's opponents +2 and winning by 1 shitwine.png

I couldn't give a f**k about all the hand gestures pish but Skacel two footing an extremely injury prone youngish player really pissed me off in the last Raith game at home. Get the f**k doon.

3 minutes ago, Alan Stubbs said:

Betting on your team's opponents +2 and winning by 1 shitwine.png

I couldn't give a f**k about all the hand gestures pish but Skacel two footing an extremely injury prone youngish player really pissed me off in the last Raith game at home. Get the f**k doon.

Trying too hard to find an excuse. Still obviously hurting from the 5-1 shafting by your bitter rivals in a cup final.

Of course nothing is certain, especially going by some of the results in the last few weeks. But this will go a long way to stopping Raith going into the weekend on the back of a good result, and with those fine margins you speak of a point could be all the difference come next weekend.
Furthermore, the way in which the game panned out tonight will hopefully have knocked Raith's confidence even more.

St Mirren lost in identical circumstances at the weekend. Both teams will need to just get over it and get on with it. I know which team I'm betting will manage it though.

What the f**k happened to McManus when Stewart went off? Hitting the inside of the post with a great in-swinging effort then a ridiculous overhead kick which Laidlaw had to tip over the bar. Disappointed with tonight, obviously, but if we can show the application on Saturday as we did in the second half today we can give ourselves a chance.

The defending at the Hibs second goal was catastrophically bad. A straight punt from the left back area evaded all of our defenders and Holt ran right down the middle and flicked it in. That happening whilst being well on top was a sore one. I've done the free kick thing to death on here, so I'll save you all another round. Something needs to be done about it. Everyone can't be that good at free kicks.

The loss doesn't really change anything mathematically, so whilst it's disappointing to lose a game in that fashion it's not the end of the world. Saturday is absolutely arse clenching, though - make no mistake about it.

As an aside, Jonny Court looked pretty handy when he came on today. Seems to have really filled out in the last year or so.

5 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

St Mirren lost in identical circumstances at the weekend. Both teams will need to just get over it and get on with it. I know which team I'm betting will manage it though.

Yep, and I had the same opinion after that match. It would be very helpful if you could both shitfest your way to a 0-0 draw on Saturday.

1 minute ago, RiG said:

It's been ongoing. Off the top of my head, we've lost goals to: 

Ayr (Harkins), Falkirk (Hippolyte), Hibs (Cummings, Keatings), Queen of the South (Dobbie). There's probably others. 

While the second half had some good, counter attacking football from us, Hibs were streets ahead with a side of about 6 players used for squad rotation, Ambrose and a few young lads. Humphry game McHattie an utterly torrid time on the left, and defensively our team had a 'mare. 

Good to see us get a couple of goals away from home. McManus worked exceptionally hard and was unlucky not to score a second. 

As mentioned, a draw wouldn't have changed too much. All to do on Saturday. No point on dwelling on it. We'll have Handling and...umm...Skacel back. He always scores against St Mirren, right? 

Archived