Hibs v Raith

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Flash
1 hour ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Surely not even Gary Locke would do that :lol:

I think Queens sacrificed a few other players (signing guys like Dykes for example instead of proven Championship players) to sign Dobbie. General playing budgets would be similar I'd imagine, just how they are spent differ.

Dobbie was one of our last signings - after the League Cup group games, just before the first League game. It is possible that the others were signed with him in mind, but I'm not sure how long the Dobbie signing was in the pipeline. Our signings were a bit weird in the summer with some players being recruited before the manager was appointed. Dykes was apparently on a promise to be re-signed after previously playing for the under 20s but Skelton would never have seen him playing. I think I read that he is related to a director, but I might be making that up. So, his signing may well have been misjudged, but it was unlikely to have anything to do with Dobbie coming in.

1 minute ago, DumbartonTheSons said:

Unless that's being forked out by an external source or a benefactor of some sort, I'd be utterly flabbergasted if that was true.

I was told by a pretty reliable source that Dobbie was "on three or four players wages". I've no idea what that would total (or if it's true tbf) but I'd imagine 2k might be close.

If you were going to fire 2k at a player in this league though he'd be the man. I'd happily sacrifice three of our players for him :lol:

I was told by a pretty reliable source that Dobbie was "on three or four players wages". I've no idea what that would total (or if it's true tbf) but I'd imagine 2k might be close.
If you were going to fire 2k at a player in this league though he'd be the man. I'd happily sacrifice three of our players for him :lol:

Fair enough. I'm certainly surprised by that if it's anywhere near true.

That's a good point, but at some points of the season it'd have left us with eight or nine outfield players for games!

Archived