Glenafton v Talbot Junior Cup Final 2017

Stillseekfedup

watching junior games at rugby park with the sheer size of pitch a large gap between defence and midfield can open up at times,and with talbot devoid of natural pace in the middle,i think a sitting midfielder is essential to cope with glens pacier players.playing this way also allows harvey,who looks talbots fittest player to double up with wingbacks to counter glens winger.

Two years ago Musselburgh passed their way through Talbot with ease in the first half but fitness told in the end. Talbot's strength lies in denying space to the opposition, which is a lot easier to do on a narrow junior park compared with your average senior pitch. Especially if it's a hot day on an artificial surface.

The fittest team will win I suspect. Hopefully a high scoring classic.

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you're all too sure of yourselves and the result.

Definetly Not, but I will say that going in to this game I'm reasonably confident we can compete with Talbot at the very least.
Never have a better chance to beat them in a cup final but anything can happen.
Talbot stuttering and glens on the up but anything can happen in a cup final.
If talbot win I will be first to congratulate them.
If glens win I'll be the first one to say get it up ye.
Can't wait til Sunday !

I think you're all too sure of yourselves and the result.

I'm no so sure pal!!
I think a lot of the Glens fans are rightly confident in our teams ability for sure, but I for 1 absolutely do not think Talbot can be under estimated especially in the cup!
I hope it's a great occasion for both clubs!!!!

Great post.
I hope it's a wonderful final and both East Ayrshire teams enjoy the spectacle.

I don't care if it's the worst game I've ever seen as long as Talbot win !

Who cares who bloody wins ffs.........the trophy stays in Ayrshire lol.

Hope its a cracker of a final and it's long over due an end to end goal fest will be watching hoping for someone to win 4v3. GOOD LUCK TROOPS

The only people that care who wins are the people of Auchinleck & New Cumnock respectively. But you're right Kenny we are delighted the trophy is staying in Ayrshire.

Roll on Sunday [emoji471]

4 minutes ago, Glens lad said:

The only people that care who wins are the people of Auchinleck & New Cumnock respectively. But you're right Kenny we are delighted the trophy is staying in Ayrshire.

Roll on Sunday emoji471.png

The cup has been needing a goal fest end to end both teams winning then losing and eventually a last minute winner. Hoping it's this game being a derby match hell for leather fingers crossed we get it as neutrals watching

Archived