Glenafton v Talbot Junior Cup Final 2017

Stillseekfedup

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, bawrash said:

No chance lucky to be 5k there

My good man, on what pray do you base that tad pessimistic prediction? Here is a wee bit of background knowledge, Rugby park announce the attendance at both ends of the grounds. As I'm sure you are aware Talbot have played in the final at Rugby park on four occasions since 2006, on each of those the Talbot end of the ground alone exceeded your rather miserly figure, and that being the official figure. I reckon the official attendance will be around the 8000 mark. A fitting tribute to Ayrshire and the Sam MaCulloch Final. 

The crowd and whole look and feel to that 92 Cup Final looking back is fantastic.

Might be wrong here but are you not one of these clowns who come on here to diss the juniors then leave the forum?

Apologies in advance if you're not that person.

Might be wrong here but are you not one of these clowns who come on here to diss the juniors then leave the forum?

Apologies in advance if you're not that person.

Not at all, I go to more junior games than senior these days.

Think you might be referring to my unwashed rival from Ayr, Mr Itzdrk.

Tomorrow's Attendance guesstimate???
Will the 9k mark be broken??
Hope so!!

I think the 9000 mark will be exceeded. The appetite for this game from Auchinleck and Glenafton fans alone will be close to that, before you even consider neutrals of which I've heard many speak of looking forward to attending.
Here's hoping for a decent day weather wise, a cracking atmosphere in the ground, the fitting tribute to Big Sam & a fantastic game to show off these 2 wee East Ayrshire clubs to those watching on telly!!

2 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

The crowd and whole look and feel to that 92 Cup Final looking back is fantastic.

Makes me pine for the pre-all seater days when I see the likes of that. 

Some genuine ability on show for some of those goals as well. 

Is it too late to switch the final to Ayr? 

4 hours ago, Killiepiyo said:

A wee reminder of just how good the Talbot were back then,and also,looking at the '86 final,a reminder that Jim o'D of the Evening Times wasn't too shabby as a player.In fact,I recall Tommy Whitelaw,a former Shettleston and Junior international centre back,saying that the best forward he played against was the bold Jim o Donnell.  :)

12 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Good luck to both teams tomorrow.

Remember the greatest Junior Cup Final performance and goals of all time though... emoji106.png

Aye, great team Bo'ness then, Lex Shields was a one off, have to say though, the 86 final has to be one of the most dramatic! 

20 minutes ago, LuckyMascot1993 said:

I think the 9000 mark will be exceeded. The appetite for this game from Auchinleck and Glenafton fans alone will be close to that, before you even consider neutrals of which I've heard many speak of looking forward to attending.
Here's hoping for a decent day weather wise, a cracking atmosphere in the ground, the fitting tribute to Big Sam & a fantastic game to show off these 2 wee East Ayrshire clubs to those watching on telly!!

I think you might be right my East Ayrshire Junior buddy, but there is no way the official attendance will reflect that! 

Archived