Glenafton v Talbot Junior Cup Final 2017

Stillseekfedup

14 hours ago, GLENAFTON93 said:

Talbot are a very difficult team to defeat in any final as their history shows, but im quite confident the Glens are very capable of bringing the cup to New Cumnock, and if any team can beat them its this Glens Team. So here's to a good cup final between two top teams.

Good post.  

Talbot certainly have the cup pedigree, and vast experience and history in this cup. 

However, what I've managed to see of Glens this season I believe they have something special going on.  Southy and Potts have worked their magic on this squad, and have a group here that want it as much as the fans want it.  

11 hours ago, LuckyMascot1993 said:

Nipped into Loch Park tonight to see some of the training.

Really pleased to see the boys looking fit & ready for Sunday, and looking really relaxed yet focused.

Never managed to get along on Monday or Wednesday unfortunately as working but heard from a few people that's watched the training that the squad are very well drilled, getting excellent training and Davie Gray at end knocking in some free kicks at goal from various areas which I'm chuffed to hear as I think the surface being perfect with it being 4G will allow Davie to hit a sweet one on Sunday.

I think I'll be giving a look for Davie Gray and 2-0 for my bet.  

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Quantum Leap said:

Aye that's super.
Meanwhile the Talbot boys have been biting their nails into the quick whilst having multiple sessions of stress management.emoji57.png

A wee bitty of a bite there?  

I think it's just been stated as a passing remark how someone found the Glens squad to be looking at a training session pre final, we would be happy to hear how the Talbot squad are looking but no-one has chosen to comment on that, and for you well you have chosen to bite!  Some folk.

Aye that's super.
Meanwhile the Talbot boys have been biting their nails into the quick whilst having multiple sessions of stress management.[emoji57]

Think both teams will be on a stress management course this Saturday. [emoji6]

2 hours ago, TheAftonArmyBear said:

Mcbookie wouldnt let me set up an account. Every username I tried was already taken. Including a randomly typed lot , tried for the username "GGGGFDSSHNDN17752" And apparently that's already a username :blink:

they're a bit of a tin pot set up from my experience. Wouldn't touch them with a barge pole and plenty of other bookies out there more deserving of my charity than them.

Just saw talbots cup final top in the chronicle,why are they white chevrons down the side of arms.I can't believe there's black and white together in a talbot strip,a complete no no.Should have made sleeves yellow with black chevrons or is hummel trade mark being observed,Am i being picky or slightly infantile or on verge of nervous breakdown as sunday comes closer.Tucker quoted also saying'its been more bubbly at training in previous years' ,my OWN opinion stated in earlier posts might have a grain of truth about the togetherness and will to fight for each other,a talbot trademark in seasons gone by.I hope am miles off the mark, and the rugby park roar of our famous chant lifts them to success.

New deal with Hummel to supply the kit. We've had our own brand atfc last couple of seasons. Not enough turn around (less than a month) for Hummel to design, make and supply the shirts with gold Shevrons. Next kit will have them 

Just saw talbots cup final top in the chronicle,why are they white chevrons down the side of arms.I can't believe there's black and white together in a talbot strip,a complete no no.Should have made sleeves yellow with black chevrons or is hummel trade mark being observed,Am i being picky or slightly infantile or on verge of nervous breakdown as sunday comes closer.Tucker quoted also saying'its been more bubbly at training in previous years' ,my OWN opinion stated in earlier posts might have a grain of truth about the togetherness and will to fight for each other,a talbot trademark in seasons gone by.I hope am miles off the mark, and the rugby park roar of our famous chant lifts them to success.

Duraglit something make me think you're actual a Glens fan just signed on here as a Talbot fan.

Get a grip son. Talbot played with white shorts in 86 and blue and white 87.

Stop being a negative pr1ck and start getting behind you're team.

sorry talbot bing,remember running on top of you after sneaking through the hole you made in the rusty corregated fence when a lad,what more evidence do you need to prove where my loyalty lies.auchinleck born and bred and don't miss many games home and away.But your right about the negative thing i need to get that sorted.You know every week this season your thinking 'form just around corner,were going to hump someday when we click,so new thinking lets get fuc**d into these bast**ds and we'll click on sunday.

cheers killipiyo thats what i meant about strip,better with different coloured chevrons(highway code calls them that.

oh and mr bing less of the pr1ck talk,not fetching........not fetching at all.

Genuinely could not care less about the colour of the chevrons on the sleeve.
I don't know why such a fuss is being made about it

I heard from a kit distributor that bot fans boycotting the tops cos of the black and white on the sleeves.
Joost sayin [emoji4]

2 minutes ago, Stillseekfedup said:

I heard from a kit distributor that bot fans boycotting the tops cos of the black and white on the sleeves.
Joost sayin emoji4.png

Yes, Heard a few fans saying they aren't going to buy the Cup final top and will wait until next season when it has the gold chevrons.

I am not one for buying strips (too old and fat) but its a fuss over nothing

Archived