Glenafton v Talbot Junior Cup Final 2017

Stillseekfedup

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, BigBo10 said:

Has Chris Meikle been playing well for the Glens?

He played for a period, maybe got 5/6 games, done well. But hes got 2 of the best centre halves in the league in front of him in the pecking order to oust from our starting 11 so hasn't played all that much.   Might see him get a few run outs now in the minor cups and games coming thick and fast for us now & if either Zee or Chessy have any minor knocks they might ordinarily have played thro if not on countdown to the final.  However having said that he got assaulted I heard the weekend of our 1st leg of semi.  He wasn't stripped for 2nd leg so this may well be the case he's now recovering from being attacked.  

Decent enough big player but he needs to toughen up & stop feeling sorry for himself with the least wee knock.  He's still relatively young so needs to get that it out his head that wi every wee knock he needs to put himself back into his cotton wool suit to protect himself.  And that's meant with all due respect as I do like the boy as a player and have confidence in him when he's playing.

20 hours ago, fan of the juniors said:

Ok then . What's your guesstimate on the attendance . Al go for 5000

The last three Scottish finals involving Talbot at Rugby Park had 5000, or there about, in their end alone, official attendance! Hope it's at Somerset but either Ayrshire venue will attract a big crowd, officially closer to 8000 would be my guess. Unofficially, 33,987!

The last three Scottish finals involving Talbot at Rugby Park had 5000, or there about, in their end alone, official attendance! Hope it's at Somerset but either Ayrshire venue will attract a big crowd, officially closer to 8000 would be my guess. Unofficially, 33,987!

Al go fur 3 tickets sold above half full...and that just be me and ma Killie pies [emoji14]

Think this is a great opportunity to get more going to this game by promoting it as a community final. Get schools involved see if the Venue (Possibly Killie) will drop the entry price for school loads coming in together. East Ayrshire council could input aswell with some novel ideas? Ticket giveaways? prizes?

With a try I think.

Think this is a great opportunity to get more going to this game by promoting it as a community final. Get schools involved see if the Venue (Possibly Killie) will drop the entry price for school loads coming in together. East Ayrshire council could input aswell with some novel ideas? Ticket giveaways? prizes?
With a try I think.

It's a great idea mate, but will the sjfa agree?

With a try I think.

Children have no place in junior football, it's the ambition of the sjfa (Mr johnstone) to kill the game allegedly. So for this reason I find your idea preposterous.
I look forward to the game being played at 4am in a secret location (newlandsfield) to be decided by a sponsor (evening times).

Imagine actually wanting to involve the local communities!

1 hour ago, Shanner said:

Letting the weans in cheap is a good and progressive idea. Nane of this vuvuzela pish though. Worse than the choochter commentary that. 

Would be even better if kids got in free,shanner! A gesture like that would maybe "plant a seed of interest" in Junior football,in those attending for the first time,& create supporters for the future!

After last nights whetting of the appetite I think it's safe to say that the final will be a very tasty affair without a doubt.

Talbot I feel continue to appear to have a bit of a superiority complex over Glens despite us taking 6 points from them this season now.  And being well matched up over past couple of seasons.  Under estimate us at your pearl come 4th June.

Archived