The Brexit Effect

I remember reading this article last year.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35919247

Went looking for it today and found it. Made me wonder what the possible consequences would be for the SPFL. I don't think it would mean immediate disqualification for EU players the day after Brexit, butbwhat about the years after? What effect do you think the Brexit will have on the future of our game?

Doubt anyone will care - you're talking a few dozen players in Scotland, and a few hundred across the UK.

Actually - many a couple of hundred in Scotland, and a couple of thousand across the UK!

Still not a major issue though.

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I would of thought it more likely. It's the likes of Alex Schalk and Kenny Van Der Weg that would struggle to get work permits.

Too subtle for you? I'm assuming an independent Scotland as a member of the EU after brexit, I may be wrong...

8 hours ago, 7-2 said:

There will be no football after Brexit. There will be no nothing, only a post-apocalyptic wasteland where the UK was, apparently.

Armageddon???

That was brilliant the last time!

Or Sevco going tits up again would also be pleasing.

10 minutes ago, micaley68 said:

Armageddon???

That was brilliant the last time!

Or Sevco going tits up again would also be pleasing.

Sevco never went tits up. Rangers did. Sevco are a new club born from the death of Rangers.

On ‎22‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 17:58, TheGoon said:

Hearts and their 124 foreigners are fucked. 

Especially our Polish defender, Krystian Nowak, who also cleans the bogs during the week, and does security at the pie stalls in the away end when Glasgow Celtic come to town - nae wonder we cannae defend corners against the mhanky c***s.

Doubt anyone will care - you're talking a few dozen players in Scotland, and a few hundred across the UK.

Actually - many a couple of hundred in Scotland, and a couple of thousand across the UK!
Still not a major issue though.

I'm not sure that you appreciate how "major issue" status is allocated.

Sky has a multi billion pound stake in ensuring that the EPL can get any player from anywhere in Europe. Murdoch effectively owns Sky and wholly owns uk politics. If football is not exempted then this will become a major issue.

Any attempt to repatriate Hayes or Rooney would also make it a major issue. O connor less so, but he's ok.

Whatever happens, more people will be interested in this part of brexit than, say, the jurisdiction of the ecj.

Archived