New clubs in the East of Scotland

21 hours ago, Goalie Hamish said:

Heard today it might no just be Dalkeith joining for next season, anyone know of any other club making enquiries?

I didn't think clubs would come across in groups seeing as there only one promotion slot. Until something confirmed though I think it will be trickle effect for the juniors for now 

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, stanley said:

I see on the amateur forum that Stirling Uni are joining the Caledonian league.  Could that be the EoS team moving over or is it a new uni team?

Last I heard they ran about 6 teams anyway, with 3rd and 4th XI playing ammy.

• 2 weeks later...

East Of Scotland Website with link banner for new applicants to join the League.

Deadline 31st March - http://www.eosfl.com/

What does the East of Scotland Football League have to offer?

• Membership of EOSFL which confirms acceptance of and commitment to the pyramid system thereby satisfying a mandatory requirement of being granted a Club Licence.
• Automatic entry to the Scottish Cup for Champion Club irrespective of licencing status which will generate a minimum income in excess of £3,000
• 3 ways of Scottish Cup Entry, EOS & SOS League Champions, Alex Jack Cup Winner, Any Licenced Club
• £3,000 Funding towards ground improvements available to all un-licenced  clubs looking to gain their SFA Licence
• Up to £10,000 funding as an EOS club available from Scottish Football Partnership towards ground improvements.
• Our ambition is to have all Members licenced as soon as possible and thereby automatically in the Scottish Cup every year.
• Very likely more promotion places will be available to enter the Lowland League from Tier 6
• Depending on interest from that area a possible West Of Scotland division would be looked at for tier 6
• SFA Sports First Aid courses at heavily discounted rates (or free of charge). SFA Licence compliant
• All clubs supplied with a defibrillator and associated training. SFA Licence compliant
• Bespoke personalised first aid bag.
• Personal Accident and Liability insurance incl. player to player liability paid for by the League. SFA  Licence compliant
• Match balls and training balls supplied each season.
• Bespoke goalkeeping courses.
• Coaching courses at heavily discounted rates (or free of charge) up to C Licence level.
• Prize money for those Clubs finishing in the top four in the league.
• A sound organisational structure with fixtures issued on a seasonal basis.
• In combination with the Scottish Lowland League and the South of Scotland League an U20 development league for the development of a player pathway.
• Automatic entry for the U20 team into the Scottish Youth Cup.
Edited by kefc

1 hour ago, kefc said:

• Very likely more promotion places will be available to enter the Lowland League from Tier 6

If that happens, and LTHV get their club licence soon now that they have the covered enclosure in place:

the danger of one of the bigger junior superleague clubs getting stuck in the EoS for many seasons if they make the switch is minimised.

26 minutes ago, kefc said:

He was totally disrespectful to the league, volunteers who run clubs and players/staff, not on.

I defy any league to withstand what’s happened to the EOS, in the name of progress. The LL really fucked it up. Teams pulling out or leaving didn’t help neither. Clubs are now doing their utmost to gain license, ploughing any spare cash into it, meaning players aren’t perhaps getting what they used too. Your club has been brave, a breath of fresh air and a welcomed addition, with other clubs monitoring your progress and hopefully following suit, you just keep fighting oor corner :thumsup2

2 hours ago, heedthebaa said:

I defy any league to withstand what’s happened to the EOS, in the name of progress. The LL really fucked it up. Teams pulling out or leaving didn’t help neither. Clubs are now doing their utmost to gain license, ploughing any spare cash into it, meaning players aren’t perhaps getting what they used too. Your club has been brave, a breath of fresh air and a welcomed addition, with other clubs monitoring your progress and hopefully following suit, you just keep fighting oor corner :thumsup2

The EOSL have done well to get back on track and attract new members after losing so many sides to the LL. I was one of the folk who thought it was the end for the league but attracting the likes of Kelty has raised the profile of the EOSL.

http://www.clydebankfc.com/club-announcement/

UCS Trust members have voted to seek to return Clydebank FC to senior football.

The ballot resulted in 86% in favour of applying to join a league within the Scottish FA pyramid.

The UCS board will now look at different options before a meeting of all members in the near future.

It's the only other candidate.
Hopefully this can spur discussion of a WoSFL at tier 6, but organising a brand new league for next season would be too much to ask.
There was no time frame set in the statement. Setting up a WOS league for next season is unachievable but there are at least two other big junior clubs in the West who are interested in the idea. I would be surprised if discussions between West clubs aren't taking place just now about the feasibility of it.