New clubs in the East of Scotland

25 minutes ago, Born To Run said:

Yup - don’t worry, it was sarcasm on my part! Tried and failed to threaten Kelty with the same line as noted above.

The fact they never put forward a motion to make a year's notice across all leagues a requirement, just shows how little regard they had for Kelty making their move last year. 

They never saw this coming because they were complacent enough to think they could write their own ticket if they absolutely had to.

3055DD5D-FA24-4567-8788-124D94081798.jpeg

From the Juniors forum, looks like they've gone for a sequential split, left to right with the EoS and right to left for the Juniors.

Sauchie and Oakley confirmed as well, unless this is some roaster who has printed this off for a laugh.

3 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

3055DD5D-FA24-4567-8788-124D94081798.jpeg

From the Juniors forum, looks like they've gone for a sequential split, left to right with the EoS and right to left for the Juniors.

Sauchie and Oakley confirmed as well, unless this is some roaster who has printed this off for a laugh.

Think Truthteller has made some claims previously that turned out not to be the case, so wouldn't take it as gospel.

6 hours ago, Boomtown Boy said:

I must say i had been for the idea of a pyramid for the last few season. I wish the junior clubs at that time the LL was created showed a little more foresight and engaged in the process earlier as it would have made for a stronger set up from the outset. Unfortunately that didnt happen and i did think we were only delaying the inevitable. 

Here we are a few years later and the tables have turned, i am happy and a little sad about leaving the juniors and in particular Scottish Junior Cup days (especially away).

I would like to wish all clubs well whether staying/going and look forward to next year with anticipation and belief we are moving in the right direction. Onto new grounds and new friends.

Wouldnt mind being in a conference with Lighty, Nitten & Boness though

My worry is 16 be too many as league has to get done for playoffs. 14 would be better

31 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Think Truthteller has made some claims previously that turned out not to be the case, so wouldn't take it as gospel.

Truthteller must have the most inappropriate name on P&B... 

It may be bunkum but it looks a very sensible way of mixing the teams together - splitting the EoS and East Junior clubs based on their performance in the previous season (17-18) and then adding on the clubs from outside that area.

27 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

If it is just sequential, the possibility of it being a fake is that on the march 31st deadline the EoS discussed balancing conferences with clubs with floodlights.

That was then there were 26 teams, maybe 39 has solved that concern.

I make it   6 - 5 - 4 as far as lights are concerned, might be wrong, could be 5 in Conf C

9 minutes ago, Jason King said:

It may be bunkum but it looks a very sensible way of mixing the teams together - splitting the EoS and East Junior clubs based on their performance in the previous season (17-18) and then adding on the clubs from outside that area.

It is going to be a fantastic year for all the clubs in the East of Scotland League. Well done everyone concerned.

I hope that the EoSL issues a formal statement tonight or early tomorrow morning.

9 minutes ago, Robert James said:

It is going to be a fantastic year for all the clubs in the East of Scotland League. Well done everyone concerned.

I hope that the EoSL issues a formal statement tonight or early tomorrow morning.

They probably will. They know people are watching with interest & have handled things incredibly well so far from a communication standpoint, particularly compared with other leagues & associations.

They've had a 'watch this space' banner on their website for at least a day now.

I wouldn't imagine they would "draw" it

It will be done a bit more professionally than that, I actually think the picture which has been circulated looks reasonable and fair, will be a great battle for top 5 places in all 3 leagues.

Why draw it at the meeting when there have been various examples floating around here for the past week or so?

Present clubs with the options for next season with the teams already listed on them,  showing clubs where they will be in terms of the "conference" and who they will be playing. Ask them which one is best and take a vote. Majority wins.

Simples.

I believe its only the existing EoS clubs who will get to vote on it anyway, which is the correct way to do things.

Edited by Jason King

8 hours ago, Boomtown Boy said:

I must say i had been for the idea of a pyramid for the last few season. I wish the junior clubs at that time the LL was created showed a little more foresight and engaged in the process earlier as it would have made for a stronger set up from the outset. Unfortunately that didnt happen and i did think we were only delaying the inevitable. 

Here we are a few years later and the tables have turned, i am happy and a little sad about leaving the juniors and in particular Scottish Junior Cup days (especially away).

I would like to wish all clubs well whether staying/going and look forward to next year with anticipation and belief we are moving in the right direction. Onto new grounds and new friends.

Wouldnt mind being in a conference with Lighty, Nitten & Bone

If it is its he'l of a travel for Oakley for camelon it' greatly reduced 

4 minutes ago, Jason King said:

Why draw it at the meeting when there have been various examples floating around here for the past week or so?

Present clubs with the options for next season with the teams already listed on them,  showing clubs where they will be in terms of the "conference" and who they will be playing. Ask them which one is best and take a vote. Majority wins.

Simples.

I believe its only the existing EoS clubs who will get to vote on it anyway, which is the correct way to do things.

I wasn't meaning a random draw - just thinking they might decide which conference E1, E2, E3 goes into, then J1, J2, J3 etc. It would avoid any accusations it had been engineered to suit a particular party.