New clubs in the East of Scotland

17 minutes ago, Cyril said:

There's no way Armadale will apply, take one look at their twitter account, weeks and weeks of meltdowns.

On the other hand, it would be great to see the person running that Twitter account to go in a massive meltdown because of that decision of their own club. :)

29 minutes ago, Dev said:

I hope so!

Armadale has a Senior history and I seem to remember that, not so long ago, the Junior club was awarded funds by the local council to carry out works.

Council in West Lothian has an interest in virtually all the Junior and ex Junior clubs.  I understand they own at least the land at all the junior grounds except for Linlithgow and Whitburn. 

33 minutes ago, Jambo'ness said:

There's a couple of their fans on here been most vociferously against it.  Would love to see their faces if they put in a bid.

They're not fans.  Given their contributions on here about the Pyramid and EoS, I'd be surprised if an application after a second deadline had passed would even be entertained.

If the 38-39 clubs are considered to be Sauchie & Oakley, then Kennoway is one of the few clubs that it would make sense to apply. Last remaining Super League club from this year not to make the move.
They've just been awfully quiet on the subject. You'd have to go to down to 9th in the Premier League to find a South of Tay club (Glenrothes) that hasn't had any solid rumour or public decision about them.

I suspect Kennoway are a little resigned to the fact they would be unlikely to be pushing for a top 16 tier 6 spot.
They have already lost their 2 best players to Kelty and were getting some hidings at the end of last season.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Pie and Bovril mobile app

2 minutes ago, superbigal said:

I suspect Kennoway are a little resigned to the fact they would be unlikely to be pushing for a top 16 tier 6 spot.
They have already lost their 2 best players to Kelty and were getting some hidings at the end of last season.

Getting into the top 5 of each section is going to be very competitive and make for an exciting season IMO.

22 minutes ago, superbigal said:

I don't think there will be a 40th club personally. EoS has their idea of 3x13 & East Juniors have 3x12. 

Seems a decent compromise for all. Gives a year to sort Tayside boundary, WoS feeder and what the juniors will look like going forward.

3 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I don't think there will be a 40th club personally. EoS has their idea of 3x13 & East Juniors have 3x12. 

Seems a decent compromise for all. Gives a year to sort Tayside boundary, WoS feeder and what the juniors will look like going forward.

I agree that a 40th club is unlikely to be accepted (assuming the rumoured application is true). However if  club 40 is successfully elected  at the AGM, the solution to 2x13 and 1x14, would be that the latter conference would have its top 6 clubs (rather than top 5) placed in the Premier Division for 2019/20, thereby recognising the 2 extra league games which its clubs will have played next season. If known at the start of the season, this would avoid extra play-offs, or arguments about which of the 3 6th placed clubs in each conference finishing sixth, should be given the 16th premiership slot.

The only obstacle would be if the 16th premiership place is earmarked for Clydebank to join (at tier 6) in 2019/20, if a West pyramid league is not formed (in time).

1 hour ago, Cyril said:

There's no way Armadale will apply, take one look at their twitter account, weeks and weeks of meltdowns.

Bear in mind though that Lithgae's committee were dead set against as well until very late in the day. Would be interesting to see what would happen, if they allowed one last narrow window of opportunity for clubs to apply, get accepted and hand their resignation in before the SJFA AGM, which in practical terms is the limit that they could reasonably extend it out to. West Lothian must be close to the tipping point now that happened in East and Midlothian that led to all the remaining clubs defecting.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

54 minutes ago, Robert James said:

I agree that a 40th club is unlikely to be accepted (assuming the rumoured application is true). However if  club 40 is successfully elected  at the AGM, the solution to 2x13 and 1x14, would be that the latter conference would have its top 6 clubs (rather than top 5) placed in the Premier Division for 2019/20, thereby recognising the 2 extra league games which its clubs will have played next season. If known at the start of the season, this would avoid extra play-offs, or arguments about which of the 3 6th placed clubs in each conference finishing sixth, should be given the 16th premiership slot.

The only obstacle would be if the 16th premiership place is earmarked for Clydebank to join (at tier 6) in 2019/20, if a West pyramid league is not formed (in time).

Two clubs might be relegated from the LL, if f.ex. Cove go up and Cowdenbeath come down. 

I think the leagues need to produce a minimum of 15 teams for the 16 team tier 6. If they end up needing 16 or even 17 or 18 due to promotion /relegation then I am sure they can make provision.

Definately top 5 from each conference to start.

Provided promotion /relegation stay the same, and the SOS winner gets promoted (either due to the EOS winners not being licensed or the winning EOS team losing the playoff), and two EOS-area teams come down from the LL (a Cowdenbeath/Cove situation above), then only 14 teams will be needed from this years EOS. But that's unlikely. 

Edited by lowenan

55 minutes ago, lowenan said:

Two clubs might be relegated from the LL, if f.ex. Cove go up and Cowdenbeath come down. 

Yes that is correct. If the SLL moved to 2 existing clubs going down, they may have to relegate 3 clubs if/when the Cove/Cowdenbeath scenario reoccurs. Might be too much for the existing SLL clubs to vote for. 

And of course the West League (if established) would presumably want the same promotion/relegation to/from the SLL, as the Lowland has. And then of course there is the SoSL. Getting complicated !

The fixture list will need to allow for an end of season mini playoff to determine  the champions involving the three conference winners. Either 2 games or 4 games needed. 

There are multiple permutations as to which placed clubs from the 2018 - 19 EOS might be needed for an EOS Premier in 2019-20. Cutoff point could be somewhere between 13 and 17 depending on licensing, promotions, reserved places etc.

Therefore it is probably sensible to have a playoff system for all the clubs 1v1v1 2v2v2 3v3v3 etc down to 13v13v13 so that clubs can be ranked from 1-39. This means whatever structure is decided on for the following year there can be no complaint about which clubs should be included or excluded from any permutation or arrangement of leagues. 

At the very least 5v5v5 and 6v6v6 should be involved in playoffs as they are the clubs likely to be involved in the main decision over EOS Premier status.  

I think the only way to guarantee you as a EoS premier team in 19/20 is to finish top 4. That still has you safe if none of the conference winners go up but two east sides were relegated from LL. Then only 2 5th places teams can go to the top league.

Top 5 would see you safe if only 1 extra team from the east comes down.

Top 6 will be enough if 2 promotion slots are available and the relegated sides are SoS territory.

1 minute ago, Vollyman said:

The I year notice relates to clubs moving to another region within junior football.

Yup - don’t worry, it was sarcasm on my part! Tried and failed to threaten Kelty with the same line as noted above.

1 hour ago, Robert James said:

Yes that is correct. If the SLL moved to 2 existing clubs going down, they may have to relegate 3 clubs if/when the Cove/Cowdenbeath scenario reoccurs. Might be too much for the existing SLL clubs to vote for. 

And of course the West League (if established) would presumably want the same promotion/relegation to/from the SLL, as the Lowland has. And then of course there is the SoSL. Getting complicated !

Id assume that the WoS league and the EoS would have their champions automatically promoted in the above scenario with the SoS being at tier 7 so they would come into it.