New clubs in the East of Scotland

Was there not discussion regarding a superdooper east west league before.and the west teams knocked it back,because of the travelling involved.im pretty sure east is still east and west is west.and neither has moved.unless I missed it.

6 minutes ago, lithgierose said:

Was there not discussion regarding a superdooper east west league before.and the west teams knocked it back,because of the travelling involved.im pretty sure east is still east and west is west.and neither has moved.unless I missed it.

What would the west junior clubs even have to gain from a merged super league?  Particularly after so many East juniors have already moved to the EoS.  I can't see any benefit for them.

The Super-duper league is surely a non starter for next season. There are 12 clubs in the top league in the West. Assuming that the Super-duper league would have a maximum of 16 sides does 8 from the stronger West and 8 from the weakened East sound fair to the West sides ? When midtable clubs in the West have been playing out the last games of the season they weren't aware that a 6th place finish would see them in a Super-duper league but 9th would be relegation. And let's not ignore Petershill not getting promoted. All things added up means it is not going to happen.

2 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

The Super-duper league is surely a non starter for next season. There are 12 clubs in the top league in the West. Assuming that the Super-duper league would have a maximum of 16 sides does 8 from the stronger West and 8 from the weakened East sound fair to the West sides ? When midtable clubs in the West have been playing out the last games of the season they weren't aware that a 6th place finish would see them in a Super-duper league but 9th would be relegation. And let's not ignore Petershill not getting promoted. All things added up means it is not going to happen.

Let's not forget the West have just spent a season qualifying for their new 16x16x16x16 set-up......

Edited by Burnie_man

16 minutes ago, gogsy said:

That's one of the things  the letter is trying to do, create doubt in the mind of clubs that are leaving/considering leaving the juniors. Don't be fooled by it.

This.

Just like his "kosher" email prior to the EoS 31st March "deadline"

1 minute ago, Deanburn Dave said:

A combined East/West Superleague ISNT a WoS, would the LL and EoS be happy with East clubs being given the option of where to go whilst West clubs have to go back to the combination league?

Lets say this all comes to pass and at the end of next season Edinburgh Uni are relegated from the LL, they take a look at things and say "we want to move to the SuperDuper League as it looks like an easier passage to get back into the LL" - could they be refused entry? Would they be able to say, for example "well Newtongrange are in this combined league and they are further East than us, so stick us in there"?

I just cant see the SFA being happy with a SuperDuper league confusing things below the LL, surely it has to be separate East and West leagues?

Just now, Deanburn Dave said:
5 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:
Let's not forget the West have just spent a season qualifying for their new 16x16x16x16 set-up......

Cheers for that. That makes it even less likely to happen.

It actually makes the whole West Region far better set up to take a place in the pyramid.

6 minutes ago, drs said:

I just cant see the SFA being happy with a SuperDuper league confusing things below the LL, surely it has to be separate East and West leagues?

Are you sure the superduper isn't meant to be at tier 5 given what was in the survey that got sent out to member clubs?

11 minutes ago, stanley said:

What would the west junior clubs even have to gain from a merged super league?  Particularly after so many East juniors have already moved to the EoS.  I can't see any benefit for them.

They get to remain Junior which is all some people care about.

3 minutes ago, drs said:

A combined East/West Superleague ISNT a WoS, would the LL and EoS be happy with East clubs being given the option of where to go whilst West clubs have to go back to the combination league?

The original plan for the LL was to have the SoS/EoS/then either a new Lowland Superleague or both west/east superleagues sitting at Tier 6 beneath the new Lowland League. Then the SJFA went away and made it the Lowland Superleague and that it should sit at Tier 5 equal to the Lowland League.

Of course the Lowland League was willing to do this initially with the intention to merge the SJFA/EoS/SoS into a single body. The SJFA has to accept it's about mid-to-long term integration and not that they and the EoS/SoS will stay the same forever.

Just now, gogsy said:

:lol: Aye cause the Lowland and Highland league are going  to go for that. FFS what are you on.

A comment better addressed to Tom Johnston given tier 5 entry was an option in his survey and nothing I wrote implied support for it or an expectation that it could happen.

I just don't see the powers that be allowing the Juniors to waltz in at tier 5, would be nice if they could but that ship has surely sailed.

I think the minutes from the PWG meeting in 2013 shows exactly where the SFA, SPFL and PWG see the pyramid working in time.

1 body, 1 National Non League Cup in a simple league structure. TJ and the SJFA imo have no chance with this, only a fool would pass it. It just makes the present pyramid which is far from perfect as it stands today even more complicated.

The logical way would be to get the current West Juniors setup to move over to creat WOS. Merger between the East region Juniors and EOS, regionalised Leagues underneath tier 7.

If the SJFA aren’t having that then they can keep their Junior tag and clubs can then have a choice. 

8 minutes ago, kefc said:

I think the minutes from the PWG meeting in 2013 shows exactly where the SFA, SPFL and PWG see the pyramid working in time.

1 body, 1 National Non League Cup in a simple league structure. TJ and the SJFA imo have no chance with this, only a fool would pass it. It just makes the present pyramid which is far from perfect as it stands today even more complicated.

The logical way would be to get the current West Juniors setup to move over to creat WOS. Merger between the East region Juniors and EOS, regionalised Leagues underneath tier 7.

If the SJFA aren’t having that then they can keep their Junior tag and clubs can then have a choice. 

This seems the only realistic solution. I suppose the question is whether the SJFA will put its own survival, wholly intact, ahead of finding a workable solution.

1 hour ago, bendan said:

This seems the only realistic solution. I suppose the question is whether the SJFA will put its own survival, wholly intact, ahead of finding a workable solution.

It’s looking very very doubtful, the guys running the SJFA setup want things on their terms with their rules. All a bit arrogant tbh.

Edited by kefc

Its all smokescreen diversion tactics from TJ and his minions.

He's buying time and scrambling about trying to stay relevant !!

Its statement after statement trying to sow seeds of doubt,when in actual fact its all done to preserve his own status!!

Junior clubs need to wake up now,TJ couldn't deliver a pizza far less a solution to the juniors joining the pyramid system!!!