New clubs in the East of Scotland

14 minutes ago, Auld duffer said:

IMG_0751.jpg
There ye go

I knew I had some trains somewhere, two different companies here as well.

20170121_144720.jpg

20170121_134041.jpg

12 minutes ago, Mr Prez said:

Only been there 2 times never for a game but it's a cracking venue and nice people at the club

You bring the notepad, I'll bring the thermos.

Craigroyston of course only left EOSL in 2016, after almost 40yrs participation.

Dunbar Utd would be the burgh's 3rd club to play EOSL football. Dunbar Town were members from 1937 until the war - and are apparently the only Scottish club ever to use the suffix 'Town', btw - while Dunbar Blue Circle briefly cemented a place from 1979-80 (same season Whitehill joined, Peebles returned, and Chirnside's swansong) until 1981-82.

2 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Craigroyston of course only left EOSL in 2016, after almost 40yrs participation.

Dunbar Utd would be the burgh's 3rd club to play EOSL football. Dunbar Town were members from 1937 until the war - and are apparently the only Scottish club ever to use the suffix 'Town', btw - while Dunbar Blue Circle briefly cemented a place from 1979-80 (same season Whitehill joined, Peebles returned, and Chirnside's swansong) until 1981-82.

Blue Circle's manager was Alec McLaren, whose son Tony played for Dunbar United and later managed them. His son Fraser, who played for Berwick Rangers, is currently playing for Dunbar. 

Keeping it in the family- it's quite a nice thing really. 

Bo'ness have tweeted their agenda for tonight's members meeting, being:

Agenda
  To hear the views and updates on the SJFA and EOS regarding the move
     to follow other ER SJFA teams to the SFA pyramid via the EOS
     or remain as a junior club

Edited by HibeeJibee

6 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Initially they were mixing it with the best and made concrete improvements, but difficulties after 3yrs rendered them unable to continue.

I don't think they lost any ties on aggregate.

Good humour...built on solid foundations !!!

2 minutes ago, Tynieness said:

Bo'ness seemingly have decided to stick with the Juniors.  They have faith in Tom Johnstone delivering a tier six entry into the pyramid for the Juniors.

A missed opportunity in my opinion and one they may well rue in years to come.

Dispite the fact they know they havent

3 minutes ago, Tynieness said:

Bo'ness seemingly have decided to stick with the Juniors.  They have faith in Tom Johnstone delivering a tier six entry into the pyramid for the Juniors.

A missed opportunity in my opinion and one they may well rue in years to come.

What line is he feeding clubs I wonder, he can't deliver tier 6 in the East.

4 minutes ago, Tynieness said:

16 May 2018

To : All Clubs; Regional Secretaries, Management Committee.

Dear Sir / Madam

Given the conjecture following the recent meeting of the Pyramid Working Group, I thought it would be helpful to clarify the purpose of the meeting and what happens next.

The meeting was convened following a SFA Board Meeting on 21 April, where the Board agreed that the SFA should lead and facilitate a meeting which would allow the Juniors to be integrated into the Pyramid system.  The Group would be led by the SFA President.

Present at the Group meeting were representatives of the SFA, SJFA, EOS and LL with Highland League and SOS joining by conference call.

Discussion took place on how integration would work in terms of Registrations, Discipline and Fixture Lists in particular.  We were unable to resolve all the issues at the meeting however it was agreed that the SFA Board be appraised of the progress at their next meeting in June.  N.B. None of the issues raised appeared insurmountable.

The Chairman decided that a “straw poll” be taken regarding the Junior involvement in the Pyramid which was: 

EOS     – No.  However they did suggest that they had no objection to the West joining at Tier 6
SJFA      - Yes.
SOS    - Yes.
HL    - conditional on the previously discussed concerns, i.e. Registrations, Discipline, Fixture Lists being resolved.
LL    - conditional on the previously discussed concerns, i.e. Registrations, Discipline, Fixture Lists being resolved.

Further discussions took place regarding the Juniors entering a joint East / West combined Superleague in the Pyramid.

The SJFA Secretary advised he would contact the SFA Board requesting a decision at their meeting in June.

Yours faithfully

T.A. Johnston
T.A. Johnston
SECRETARY

This reads like his "kosher" info that the SFA Board had agree tier 6 entry "as a minimum", look how accurate that turned out to be.

My understanding and possibly TJ has cutely failed to inform the clubs that a straw poll was taken with a simple Yes or No on an agreement in principle for all Juniors to join at tier 6, LL and HL voted No. the only Yes was from the SOS.

I believe EOS clubs will be informed of the PWG meeting on Thursday.

East/West Super League at tier 6 with no WOS League and already a working pyramid in the East. Seems bizarre, rather than everyone getting on board together for the greater good there’s still this Senior/Junior self preservation divide that just makes it messy.

A working pyramid shouldn’t be messy, it’s a simple structure that lets teams find their level with no divides with everyone on a level playing field.

This could take years to sort out if that’s the SJFA’s stance. Off the top of my head but

Where do relegated clubs from LL go?

What happens when Junior fixtures run well into June?

Hows promotion worked out?

Its batshit crazy to hold onto a grade when the simpler solution is to merge as 1 and get all the regions covered.

Edited by kefc

11 minutes ago, kefc said:

East/West Super League at tier 6 with no WOS League and already a working pyramid in the East. Seems bizarre, rather than everyone getting on board together for the greater good there’s still this Senior/Junior self preservation divide that just makes it messy.

Also, where do the Tayside Junior clubs fit into the Superdooperleague, if it has promotion to the LL?

And if there is a 8/8 East/West split in a 16 team league then why would the West clubs join when they could get a few more and create their own WoS? The Superdooperleague only benefits those East clubs that are holding out against moving to the EoS...

Edited by Ginaro