New clubs in the East of Scotland

7 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

But where did ye get the cowdenbeath won on pens aboot :blink:

3-2 

Apologies as I picked it up on a 'bogus' twitter  feed.

So the EoS stands at  13 existing clubs +  13 new clubs elected  =  26

Given the rumoured 2 x 16 'target', there are still 6 vacancies for 2018/19.  One late applicant has apparently been 'confirmed' by other posters (Craigroyston) leaving 5 or 6 opportunities for clubs to join for 2018/19.   Will there be any other late applicants following the PWG meeting ?

This tweet from kelty says a lot about the move from junior to EoS, good luck to the teams moving across and those they will compete against

[emoji119][emoji173]️| 12 months ago we asked our manager, his staff & players, most steeped in Junior football since their teens to give it up. We added miles & time to their Saturday’s some weeks to help deliver the clubs aspirations.
Didn’t they half deliver, A BIG THANK YOU[emoji119][emoji460]️[emoji1145][emoji173]️[emoji683]

1 minute ago, parsforlife said:

This tweet from kelty says a lot about the move from junior to EoS, good luck to the teams moving across and those they will compete against

emoji119.pngemoji173.png️| 12 months ago we asked our manager, his staff & players, most steeped in Junior football since their teens to give it up. We added miles & time to their Saturday’s some weeks to help deliver the clubs aspirations.
Didn’t they half deliver, A BIG THANK YOUemoji119.pngemoji460.pngemoji1145.pngemoji173.pngemoji683.png

Aye just seen the tweet as well. Kelty as a club made a brave decision and I for one am delighted for them. As far as I can see they showed a laughed at league, in playing terms beneath them, the utmost respect, that goes a long way with me. Hope their next journey pays off for them next season 

From what I’ve seen Kelty have shown class both on and off the pitch. They’ve never complained about joining a league which they’ve proven to be too good for or playing teams they’re a good bit stronger than and haven’t insulted or put these teams down. Having left the Juniors there were a few insults thrown their way but they’ve never bad mouthed their old grade.

Well done to Kelty for the brave step they took and how they’ve conducted themselves, I’m sure EK and Spartans will be looking over their shoulder next season.

To be fair to the East of Scotland League, Kelty skooshed the East Juniors Super League the previous season too (although maybe the scorelines weren't quite as emphatic). 

Will be interesting how they get on in the Lowland. It wouldn’t surprise me if they went on to win that too and I expect they’ll be top 4.

On 12 May 2018 at 22:28, San Starko Rover said:

From what I’ve seen Kelty have shown class both on and off the pitch. They’ve never complained about joining a league which they’ve proven to be too good for or playing teams they’re a good bit stronger than and haven’t insulted or put these teams down. Having left the Juniors there were a few insults thrown their way but they’ve never bad mouthed their old grade.

Well done to Kelty for the brave step they took and how they’ve conducted themselves, I’m sure EK and Spartans will be looking over their shoulder next season.

Great life when you've got a millionaire backer.

Edited by Glenconner

8 minutes ago, Jamesw said:

Where? Have they said how sections will be split?

The new clubs have been announced by them, can't remember where, but I'm sure someone else can tell. The new structure depends on the outcome of the AGM & possible late applications.

Just for one season only.

32 teams, 31 game season everybody plays each other once wi home/away ties drawn at random. Sorted. :thumsup2

In all seriousness as suggested before I think the qualifying leagues at start of season has a long way to decide what team goes where. Great idea. 

It's gonnae be a great couple of years for the EoSFL and they deserve it. :)

1 hour ago, newcastle broon said:

Just for one season only.

32 teams, 31 game season everybody plays each other once wi home/away ties drawn at random. Sorted. :thumsup2

In all seriousness as suggested before I think the qualifying leagues at start of season has a long way to decide what team goes where. Great idea. 

It's gonnae be a great couple of years for the EoSFL and they deserve it. :)

I would actually be inclined to go with the playing each other once idea. They played each other three times when there were the leagues of fourteen outwith the SPL not so long ago so no different to playing once really and only for one season anyway.  At least after everyone having played each other once their final position would be on merit. The qualifying leagues are seeded are they not with two strong teams and two weaker teams in a section so not sure how they would decide where the new teams would be placed.