New clubs in the East of Scotland

5 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

You are posting information as being factual based on hearsay - no allegedly about it.

It's an opinion  :lol:

I get the impression the Lithgae followers are becoming increasingly tetchy because their cub never applied and could be left behind. Sorry, not my problem.

23 minutes ago, jaggywaggy said:

I attended the meeting purely from an entertainment point of view,  The comments made from the top table and the majority of the room only served to re-inforce our desire to leave.

Auld Heid, this isn't heresay.

23 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

I get the impression the Lithgae followers are becoming increasingly tetchy because their cub never applied and could be left behind. Sorry, not my problem.

Not in the slightest - I believe in sporting integrity and progression in the proper manner.   I do concede that I fully believe the SFA/SJFA have done very little and that has resulted in teams diluting leagues at a higher level than playing ability merits.

26 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Good misquote...... "their CUB never applied".   Or were you referring to Bo'ness as being "their CUB" ? 

Seriously though, is there likely to be much, if any feedback, from tonight's meeting ?

5 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

Not in the slightest - I believe in sporting integrity and progression in the proper manner.   I do concede that I fully believe the SFA/SJFA have done very little and that has resulted in teams diluting leagues at a higher level than playing ability merits.

Calm down then and wait for Linlithgow to join the EOSFL Division 2/3 next season and you can work your way up in the proper manner.

24 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Calm down then and wait for Linlithgow to join the EOSFL Division 2/3 next season and you can work your way up in the proper manner.

Ooooooft, imagine the meltdowns that will bring on 

55 minutes ago, Robert James said:

Good misquote...... "their CUB never applied".   Or were you referring to Bo'ness as being "their CUB" ? 

Seriously though, is there likely to be much, if any feedback, from tonight's meeting ?

I asked the same question last night but no answer. I appreciate that the EOS might not accept all this year's applicants but there has been so much speculation about the clubs involved that it would be great if we could see a definitive list of who has applied.

28 minutes ago, patriot1 said:

I asked the same question last night but no answer. I appreciate that the EOS might not accept all this year's applicants but there has been so much speculation about the clubs involved that it would be great if we could see a definitive list of who has applied.

that list could be available after tonight's informal meeting of applicants.

1 hour ago, Auld Heid said:

In that case we will see you soon then.

Or it could be next season, if Linlithgow, and of course Bo'ness, submit late applications to join the EoS. There are still a few 'vacancies' as the EoS would apparently have accepted 2 x 16 divisions for 2018/19. It is difficult for clubs to influence the 'seniors' from the outside, but is theoretically easier from the inside.

( Apparently Kelty submitted their application late last year)

3 minutes ago, Robert James said:

Or it could be next season, if Linlithgow, and of course Bo'ness, submit late applications to join the EoS. There are still a few 'vacancies' as the EoS would apparently have accepted 2 x 16 divisions for 2018/19. It is difficult for clubs to influence the 'seniors' from the outside, but is theoretically easier from the inside.

I suspect if there are interested parties in terms of a late application, they’ll be discussed at this meeting today. Can’t see the EoS turning down any suitable club that will positively contribute to the league!

5 minutes ago, Gazzah said:

If any of the teams are ammies like stated (st Bernard and Am soccer ) they would have to put in notice to leave their current associations by now. Cut off is end of Feb

Maybe they plan on one of their youth teams (if they have one) continue in their amateur place?

2 hours ago, Gazzah said:

If any of the teams are ammies like stated (st Bernard and Am soccer ) they would have to put in notice to leave their current associations by now. Cut off is end of Feb

Considering amateur teams go kaput at the drop of a hat is that really going to be a problem?

4 hours ago, Gazzah said:

Realistically, what are the LEAFA and KFAFA going to do if the above teams do leave without notice?

17 hours ago, Robert James said:

Unfortunately that won't happen far to many people from Linlithgow are still on page one of the argument - ill informed over the implications of any decision stay or go and a club unwilling to have the conversation.

I am not a fan of the concept - that said I have read the argument and listened to HTG, I have come to the conclusion that participation is the only viable option as we move forwards. 

As stated previously I believe the SFA, SJFA and EoS have completely messed the  whole thing up.  The SFA/SJFA for their lack of action since the LL was introduced.   The EoS (for me) aren't helping by allowing open applications from the Dog and Duck upwards.  I understand their stance in looking after number one by increasing their numbers - how that improves the football has me beat - players follow money.   

Bonnyrigg will be a strong acquisition of the others mentioned I don't see many that will immediately improve from the move or the EoS.   

Hey Ho - it's all about opinions.