The Undesirables

Antlion

Just for fun, why not tally up the embarrassments who align themselves with UK nationalism and Scottish nationalism. This is a thread for identifying the folk that you are or would be ashamed of being on the same side of the Indy debate as. 

Proud adherents of the Union Jack (and keeping Scotland under it) include:

Katie Hopkins

Nigel Farage

David Coburn

Effie Deans

Jill Stephenson

Reynard the Fox

Alistair McConnachie

Those not worth bragging about on the Indy side include:

Peter Dow

Natalie McGarry

John Mason

Keep it roasterish.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Does anyone seriously enter a voting booth and think "OMG I can't vote for this person because the BNP or NF might vote the same way"?????

It would certainly give me pause for thought if I was voting the same way as the BNP or NF, yes.

Not that I ever have.

I always make it my business to know what fascists /racists /anti-democrats of all stripes advocate yes. They feed on liberal complacency and ignorance.

That very liberal complacency and ignorance has allowed them to become mainstream in many socieities. One of them might even be president of France in a few weeks.

10 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Why on earth would anyone possibly care who else supported the same side as you?????

What a truly bizarre thread.

Does anyone seriously enter a voting booth and think "OMG I can't vote for this person because the BNP or NF might vote the same way"?????

^^^ one more Britnat roaster for the OP.

In all honesty the ordinary 'too wee, too poor, too stupid' Scottish man and woman piss me off more.  Those who are so craven, feel so inferior and have been so cowed into thinking that they can't be part of a successful, progressive, Independent Scotland cause me more shame than anyone mentioned in the OP.

Just for fun...

Why on earth would anyone possibly care who else supported the same side as you?????
What a truly bizarre thread.

Oaksoft really is the absolute fucking worst.

UK Nats-
Extremist **** that are so heavily into Rangers that the GSTQ, WATP, Orange Walk, Rule Britannia schtick has taken over their personality, like that Red Rob weirdo.
Ruth Davidson. A terrible politician that is offended by everything and stands for nothing.

Scot Nats-
Those who put iScot above rational thought and are blinkered into thinking Scotland would be a utopia without the UK.
Alex Salmond. Poison to the Yes side.

8 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

UK Nats-
Extremist **** that are so heavily into Rangers that the GSTQ, WATP, Orange Walk, Rule Britannia schtick has taken over their personality.

This is spectacularly stupid.

Oh and anyone who bandies about terms like BritNats or UK Nats is feeble-minded.

6 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

This is spectacularly stupid.

Oh and anyone who bandies about terms like BritNats or UK Nats is feeble-minded.

3 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

Image result for i hope the rest of your day is cool beans

Unable to post an image?  I rest my case.

2 hours ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

It would certainly give me pause for thought if I was voting the same way as the BNP or NF, yes.

Not that I ever have.

Would you vote for reform on the FPTP system? That would put you on the same side as the BNP.

Here's some other stuff from the policy section on the BNP website:

• Develop alternative transport fuels such as bio-diesel and hydrogen;
  • Develop renewable energy sources such as off-shore wind farms, wave, tidal and solar energy;
  • The renationalisation of monopoly utilities and services, compensating only individual investors and pension funds. Privatising monopolies does not benefit either the consumer or the country. All that happens is the ‘family silver’ is sold off and monopoly utilities and services are asset-stripped, often by foreign competitors.
  • The encouragement of savings, investment, worker share-ownership and profit-sharing
  •  Reject ID cards, intrusive surveillance and the retention of DNA samples of the innocent
  • Halt privatisation, the NHS will remain a cherished public-owned institution under a BNP Government

Quite a few people on here would agree with a lot of that. 

If I think a policy has merit, I'm not really bothered who else supports it as long as it happens. For example, I think Michael Gove is the kind of imperialist idiot that secretly wishes it was 1870 and he could stride round India in his pith helmet shouting at natives. I also think he was doing a good reforming job as Justice Secretary, and its a shame he's not still in the role now. 

I tend to see the question the other way round. If someone whose opinions I really respect is on the other side of an issue, that makes me consider my views. If someone I don't like agrees with me, well, even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Archived