Friday Night Football

Wild Winton Rover

yeese hear that?

it's Friday night, lovely outside and the opportunity exists to have a few beers and watch a game.

why is this not happening more regularly, especially when all the games in the West of Scotland are up against the Ayr races tomorrow.

Well done again to AWR for making the effort.

I know this might sound a bit too much like common sense, but could the SJFA not have appointed linesmen for tonight?

There was a young referee doing the match who was absolutely crying out for help at points tonight & if he had experienced assistance he could have learned a lot from the game. Just seems like a missed opportunity to progress a young official when there were plenty of officials sitting in the house.

8 hours ago, Troon Portland said:

I know this might sound a bit too much like common sense, but could the SJFA not have appointed linesmen for tonight?

There was a young referee doing the match who was absolutely crying out for help at points tonight & if he had experienced assistance he could have learned a lot from the game. Just seems like a missed opportunity to progress a young official when there were plenty of officials sitting in the house.

Think the clubs need to request linos?

Silly as this sounds but do the ADL and CDL use linesmen? Asking because I've been to a couple of Rossvale games with no linesmen. I agree this makes the referees job even harder

No. Have to be requested

Archived