General Election 2017: Scottish Seat Predictions

Stephen Malkmus

General Election - Scottish Seats  

118 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, The Chlamydia Kid said:

emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

I don't mind in the slightest admitting I was wrong.

I clearly underestimated how many selfish idiots and turkeys voting for Christmas we had in Scotland.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Enjoying the Tories celebrating a distant second in Scotland and lost seats at Westminster. Minter.

Enjoying the Tories taking nearly a third of Scottish votes to make a mockery of the nationalist claims that the Tories are the antithesis of s Scotland.
Enjoying seeing the SNP lose double the number of seats that the Tories did in their disaster - despite only contesting 59 in total.
Enjoying the green shoots of a resurgent left wing Labour Party.
Enjoying the downward spiral of nationalism and the birth of a new phase in U.K. Politics.

I don't mind in the slightest admitting I was wrong.
I clearly underestimated how many selfish idiots and turkeys voting for Christmas we had in Scotland.

You're always wrong though. Maybe you just shouldn't make predictions.

Big Ecks face at the count was a joy to behold. I'll bet Sturgeon was secretly pissing herself laughing!![emoji23]

Considering his mind was elsewhere considering his dad recently died I'll give him a bie.

5 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Considering his mind was elsewhere considering his dad recently died I'll give him a bie.

Agreed.

Those that can't bring themselves to take this into account are to be pitied 

I can honestly see Corbyn leading Labour to a big win up here at the next election and a near SNP wipeout given the Tories have hoovered up their historically traditional areas. eek.png

Something that seemed unimaginable and consigned to a thing of the past literally only a matter of weeks or months ago.

I don't think there's much chance of that while Dugdale and the rest of the mob press on with claiming this was a decisive vote against another referendum. Many people voted for Corbyn, not Scottish Labour.

10 hours ago, NotThePars said:

I don't think there's much chance of that while Dugdale and the rest of the mob press on with claiming this was a decisive vote against another referendum. Many people voted for Corbyn, not Scottish Labour.

I can now see Scottish Labour slide noticeably leftwards.  A change in personnel would help with that and be welcome, but I don't know that it's entirely necessary.

Dugdale's resistance towards Corbyn was never especially principled; it was what she saw as expedient.  Like most of us and certainly like most of the PLP she saw Corbyn as unelectable.  That stance ought to have shifted now though.  I think and hope that Scottish Labour will now start to resemble the wider party more.

I can honestly see Corbyn leading Labour to a big win up here at the next election and a near SNP wipeout given the Tories have hoovered up their historically traditional areas. eek.png
Something that seemed unimaginable and consigned to a thing of the past literally only a matter of weeks or months ago.

Depends how limited your imagination is

Archived