General Election 2017: Scottish Seat Predictions

Stephen Malkmus

General Election - Scottish Seats  

118 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was obviously referring to the "politically-motivated anthrax threat". Please point out exactly where I claimed there was anything more than a threat or that any actual anthrax spores were involved?
So, in your opinion, as it probably wasn't really anthrax, would you consider it to be only a harmless bit of fun?
How long was the town centre shut for? How many emergency service workers spent their afternoon dealing with the chaos caused?
Are you really suggesting that this is acceptable behaviour by whoever propagated the hoax?

Never suggested anything mate.Just pointing out removing potential "anthrax" risk in a brown bag seems a little basic.I was actually in Forfar and had to wait an extra 30mins for the bus to Dundee if that cheers you up.Whoosh...

Anyway I think that with labour and the tories being currently in the grip of relative hardline leaderships and the liberals falling out with them over Brexit the prospects for a tactical anti SNP effort look poor, or at least poorer than they would have been otherwise.

And I'd also like to say that if you're going to run with a fish gag you need the pun game to back it up,

I don't mean to Carp but Tartan Warrior has delivered at least a dozen shit gags in a roe. If shit posts could get you banned he'd be skate-Ing on thin ice already. If he Hadock-assionaly delivered a cracker then he could be forgiven but each new gag is so limpet seems worse than the previous one. It's hardly surprising if many of us write him off as an Arse-sole or sad Bass-tard but maybe when he's had time to Mullet over he'll be able to change his behaviour and take his plaice amongst the decent posters.

Probably not though as he seems to be a Turbotwat

4 hours ago, TartanWarrior said:

So putting some digestives and a "SNP out - Tories In" message in a bag makes you a terrorist now? 

Strange lot the seperatists are when they are completely terrified of biscuits and teacakes. That's beyond normal insanity.

It's a shame because you actually 'might' be capable of asking some decent questions and making decent points. You choose to come across as an immature clown whose only goal in life is to de-rail threads on a football forum.

Wtf is wrong with you?

It's a shame because you actually 'might' be capable of asking some decent questions and making decent points. You choose to come across as an immature clown whose only goal in life is to de-rail threads on a football forum.
Wtf is wrong with you?

It's fuckin Donny you're dealing with.
Ignore him.
No chance of a coherent point, just more of the same- racist trolling.
Pity the Sub-crawl team didn't allow him to get a pasting in Govan.

• 1 month later...

Before the election I thought 48 SNP, 5 Con (three border seats, East Renfrewshire, Aberdeenshire West), 4 Lib Dem (had them taking NE Fife instead of Caithness, nailed the other 3) and 2 Labour (Edinburgh South and East Lothian)

Labour gaining back some former safe seats wasn't hugely stunning as that had been rumoured in recent days, but my jaw hit the floor when places like Stirling went blue. The divisive second referendum was a much bigger issue that I had realised.

It will be nauseating seeing the Scotland haters and Conservative British Nationalists stroking their wee maggots over picking up half a dozen seats and claiming it proves Scotland doesn't want another referendum... even though the SNP will still hoover up about 50.

Good prediction.

It is utter fantasy to suggest the Tories will get anywhere near 10 seats. 
Of the 5 smallest margins from the 2015 election, 3 of those were Fluffy, Ian Murray and the liar Carmichael.
There's maybe another 3-ish seats the Tories can grab.  I'd be genuinely astonished if they got more than 5.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

6NK0YZX.png
Drew this up so I could put some bets on. The key trend in 2016 was decreased SNP majorities in Holyrood pretty much across the board - the chances are that they will drop further in this election but not by enough for other parties to gain most seats.
It will be interesting to see what happens in East Lothian (tactical voting could swing the seat to Labour) and Moray (Angus Robertson is in trouble given the small majority in 2016, the subsequent high Brexit vote in that area and the recent Tory poll bounce). The SNP have no chance in Mundell or Carmichael's constituencies but Ian Murray will be shitting it. The Tories getting over 10 seats is cloud-cuckoo land stuff.

Welcome to cloud cuckoo land

Archived