Craig Whyte Trial

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Sake.  A hunner million pounds of Ticketus' money says you got the wrong word there, bud.

Hyperbole?  Exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally? 

I see what you mean - you DID mean it to be taken literally.  Do you think Pedro meant his 'best squad in the world' statement to be taken literally, too?

I think Craig Whyte will get off with this. Recent days reports from the courtroom seem to have highlighted that Rangers had concerns about Whyte's finances and didn't seem to do any more in depth due diligence on him. I'm no expert but for fraud to occur I would have thought the people defrauded would have to have been completely duped. I sense, like many others, that Murray lowered the standards of who should get the reigns of Rangers just to get shot of the whole bombscare that it became. I suspect Whyte may get away with a not proven verdict or something like that. There's too many grey areas to settle on a solid guilty verdict. He'll become a folk hero for supporters of all teams other than Rangers, suffer postal bombs from Rangers fans and become the subject of many, many sour grapes Internet posts from Craig Houston and Ranjurs Meedya.

Delighted as I am about what befell Rangers, I can't go along with the stuff about Whyte being a hero.

He's a horrible b*****d of a man, just like King, Green, Ashley and Murray.

It's regrettable that such types can prosper.

18 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

Two police officers casually strolling past a car not only parked half on the pavement, but also on double yellows. :lol:

probably Whyte's ,    with a boot-full of unpaid parking fines already.

or maybe more likely he nicked the vehicle that morning,  as temporary transport.

1 hour ago, bennett said:

A folk hero but what about those poor creditors, the face painter and the the paper shop guy.

Those poor poor creditors we were told.

If the evidence we've heard this week is to be believed, the poor creditors, face painter and paper shop guy weren't stiffed by CW.  He was just the man drafted in to hold the parcel when the music stopped.

People shouldn't forget that pre-Nookie Whyte, dead Rangers had run up cumulative losses of £137.7m + small tax case + possible big tax case exposure.

In summary it was a shyt business, run by shytbags for utter shytehawks, that thankfully went down the shytter!

Been a good laugh ever since though, so it's an I'll wind and all that.

Yours

aDONis

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Delighted as I am about what befell Rangers, I can't go along with the stuff about Whyte being a hero.

F*ck off, he provided more interest, hilarity and enjoyment in Scottish football than any player has for decades.

Though BRALT has deteriorated significantly it was for a long time the best thing that has ever appeared on P&B.

The characters that were created, nicknames that were attributed and reputations that were sullied was the stuff of legend.  Jim Traynor was also driven from our lives.

None of that could have been possible without wee Craigie Whyte.

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

27 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

F*ck off, he provided more interest, hilarity and enjoyment in Scottish football than any player has for decades.

Though BRALT has deteriorated significantly it was for a long time the best thing that has ever appeared on P&B.

The characters that were created, nicknames that were attributed and reputations that were sullied was the stuff of legend.  Jim Traynor was also driven from our lives.

I think this is a case of "sometimes bad people can do really good things".

5 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Really?

So you've swallowed the line about the whole saga being down to Whyte then?

My goodness.  I thought only the most moronic of the Rangers faithful ran with that belief.

You live and learn - well some of us do.

20 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Really?

So you've swallowed the line about the whole saga being down to Whyte then?

My goodness.  I thought only the most moronic of the Rangers faithful ran with that belief.

You live and learn - well some of us do.

Was the whole saga not just a ploy to kick rangers out of the top flight? A direct attack on the Peepul from the hand that feeds us.

That's what i have been hearing from the most "Staunch" Rangers men.

22 minutes ago, red23 said:

Was the whole saga not just a ploy by the Vatican to kick rangers out of the top flight? A direct attack on the Peepul from the hand that feeds us.

That's what i have been hearing from the most "Staunch" Rangers men.

FTFY

5 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

https://twitter.com/jamesdoleman/status/859417637792751617

Not sure why Findlay would think the bank would give a toss about Rangers as a football club any more than they would about any other company they were dealing with.

Because Dave Murray's pals at the Banks cared about their mates club, that is until their banks went into the toilet and were taken over by folks from London who actually wanted to run the banks properly

James Dole Man missed this but luckily Andy was able to tweet it.

@BBCAndrewBlack Mr Shanks says club was living within its means and saw no need for the bank to write off any of its facilities.

Archived