EK v The Shire

Baxter's Nutmeg

Well I hope they go up. 
Never been my favourite place on the LL circuit. 
Still going on aboot Ajax [emoji3]
To be fair there's no much wrong wi the article apart from the manager being up his own arse as per.... 

Is it cause we keep beating yous newky?[emoji1][emoji1][emoji1]

1 hour ago, johnmc80 said:

Is it cause we keep beating yous newky?emoji1.pngemoji1.pngemoji1.png

We'd hate every team in the league if that was the case John Boy :(

But is Lauchlan saying that Proctor missed the first league game? Must have been a clone that played then.

Seems to forget that he still has 4 playoff games to go. Fair enough if his sole intention was to win the league and no more but I think his ambitions are much higher than that.

Try to tell kids not to celebrate until the game is won, as you leave yourself open to the sucker punch, going to make himself look foolish if they're back in the Lowland League next season.

At start of season winning league was the target. Anything more than that was always going to be a bonus. Its a tough league and winning it is achievment enough. I would have us down as underdogs for the highland/lowland play off never mind the spfl ties. Lauclan has a definate arrogance about him but i suppose he has to. Would rather that than him playing everything down. Can see how he would grate tho for opposing fans. If we dont make it thro play offs i will be more than happy with another season in the lowland. If just to annoy newky if nothing else[emoji6]

What an advert for Durex that arsewipe is. I actually wanted you to go up but he's an absolute twat. Hope yous never go up when he's in charge.

Mon the Clyde/Cowden/Berwick/Buckie/Cove/Brora.

[emoji1][emoji1][emoji1][emoji1][emoji1]

Would still like to see EK go up, shows our league in a good light, but would like to think their manager could be a bit more dignified, acknowledge the hard work ahead and show respect for opponents.......something called class.

Hopefully he'll be a bit more humble after Saturday's game.

Of course Shire had ambitions to go straight back up, why wouldn't we, but with a new management team and completely rebuilt squad, we realised that was going to be difficult. Even at the beginning of the season there was talk of how we would prepare for a second campaign in the Lowland League.

I'm sure we'll give EK a generous ovation as they step out as worthy champions, on Saturday, although I might be too busy serving folk in the club shop at the time!

Looking forward to Saturday, there'll be a good attendance, hope the game lives up to the billing.

The EK manager's comments weren't the smartest.  His team beat the Shire just 7 games into the season.  There was still an awful lot of footy to be played so he must have had a crystal ball.  However, compared to some folk in the media this week the EK gaffer doesn't even make it onto my Richter scale.  It came across as a tad arrogant but not the end of the world.

The players have obviously put a lot of effort into their season too so I still wish them the best.  The play-offs could be interesting tbh.

12 hours ago, johnmc80 said:

At start of season winning league was the target. Anything more than that was always going to be a bonus. Its a tough league and winning it is achievment enough. I would have us down as underdogs for the highland/lowland play off never mind the spfl ties. Lauclan has a definate arrogance about him but i suppose he has to. Would rather that than him playing everything down. Can see how he would grate tho for opposing fans. If we dont make it thro play offs i will be more than happy with another season in the lowland. If just to annoy newky if nothing elseemoji6.png

Ha ha ye were doing ok wi yer post till yer last sentence. 

Yer hardly annoying that award went to Mickles from the uni of Stirling a few seasons ago. 

Yer no a match on him :P

Archived